Poll: Did Free Parking Encourage You to Shop in Town Over Christmas?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Poll: Did Free Parking Encourage You to Shop in Town Over Christmas?

• Author

Dragon
    Participant

Yes it did encourage me to shop in Wrexham,I usually don’t go in to Wrexham shopping always go to Chester I went five times during December and that was because it was free parking, and spend my money in the town, hope they do the same again next year

Alunh
    Participant

A few people seem to have been caught on the free parking but only for 2 hours trap. This probably needed greater clarity. Signage is a regular problem in the town it would seem.

I find the road sign leading into Lambpit Street, for example, mystifying.

I’m not sure what your entry is all about Sheefag but it feels like an attempt to shut down debate by the piss-taking soft bullying that seems absent elsewhere

zinger
    Participant

I don’t understand why so many car parks have a maximum 2 hour stay. To have a shopping experience including a break for a coffee take more than 2 hours for most people. St Marks probably has the best offer with 4 hours for £2.

DisposableLoLz
    Participant

It would take a lot more than free parking to make me use this town’s facilities and I live here. apart from every growing number of homeless people / drug addicts wondering around the town, the lack of a roof on the main shopping mall isn’t what I’m looking for in the winter, esp not when there are better covered mallls within an hour of driving,

The trafford center, 1 hour away, coverd mall, free parking no drug addicts bothering you.

chester is pretty much covered shopping where ever you go,

Cheshire oaks has more cover than wrexham, less bums to hastle you and free parking,

Shrewbsury etc etc,

Basically they would not only have to give me free parking, they would need to pay me a rate and clean my car for me to park in this town and use the shops where, ( the few shops which are left if you don’t enjoy charity shops, polish vodka, pies, and betting machines )

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News