Police Community Support Officers (PCSO)

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police Community Support Officers (PCSO)

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

I was not previously aware of the extent to which Wrexham Council contributed towards the salaries of the PSCO’s operating in Wrexham. The not inconsiderable sum of £356,150 is budgeted for the coming year. Council Tax payers already contribute to policing by way of the precept for the North Wales Police, and now I find that a ‘hidden’ contribution towards policing is included in the Council’s precept also.

I am not against PCSO, but I think there should be more transparency in the way they are financed. Policing should be in the police portion of the Council Tax not in the Council precept. This seems like double taxation.

wrexview
    Participant

Powers of PCSO’s are listed from page 18 in the document and are an interesting read , they have wider powers than I thought. Good to see such information out in the public domain.

clock1258
    Participant

Police officers on the cheap

locallad
    Participant

What a Waste of Council Money.Here we are seeing vital services cut by the Council,yet they can still pay for PCSOs.If the police wants Pscos let them pay for them.When you see them they are either walking around in Pairs or Driving around in vans.Wrexham Council Invest OUR money in something like more Cameras that actually cut Crime.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News