Police and Crime Commissioner Elections

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police and Crime Commissioner Elections

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

why is it so amazing? We all knew eventually that it was taking place, but most people in Wrexham actually received nothing in the way of notification regarding the candidates.

Personally, I didn’t bother wasting my time. But I do know of people who went to put through spoiled votes.

Surely it would have been a really good idea to let us know who the candidates were, what they stood for and why we should vote for them?

[QUOTE=

Amazing to see polling stations so consistently empty.

loonymoonie
    Participant

What do YOU want YOUR police to focus on?? I believe this was the tag line for ad campaign, which area of crime would YOU like to see tackled??? Hmmmmmm, Ummmmmmmm, Well ALL of it if possible…. On evening of elections, myself and two year old son got caught up in a fight involving number of kids/teenagers of the male variety. At one point son and pushchair got knocked over, I was advised by kid to “get your effing son home”. I know!! Lovely!! So we have one angry mammy, one terrified toddler and wait for it… tahhh dahhhh NO police. Eventually found some – in local polling station having luuuuuurvely chat and was greeted with big smiles, maybe if somebody would have answered door at police station, my son would not be afraid of “big boys” and the dark, and all happened just in time for for dark evenings and lots of people around ( Xmas parades/shopping/stuffs). Oooofff almost forgot, this started right outside local police station but nobody was home…….. add angry face and apathetic face here. P.s did NOT vote that night…

Darlofan
    Participant

I did hear that polling stations are manned by council employees who get paid overtime as well. Anyone know if this is true? There is also the issue of how many schools closed as they were being used as polling stations.

wrexview
    Participant

Do they still use schools? I thought that was stopped years ago.

NJones
    Participant

Staff are paid a different rate not overtime, but yes they are council staff primarily with some agency staff.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News