Police and Crime Commissioner Elections

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Police and Crime Commissioner Elections

• Author

TalMichael
    Participant

As I said, pepper sprays can be more dangerous than Tasers. I agree that officers using any such devices need to be properly trained and would ensure the Chief Constable publishes his policies and practices. Reason for police officers not being routinely armed is not training though – it is that this would change the relationship between police officers and citizens and not in a good way.

I have certainly spent lots of time knocking on doors throughout North Wales as well as delivering leaflets and letters and making myself available in public places for voters to ask me questions. With 520,000 voters there’s a lot of ground to cover though!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

shouldn’t the election be suspended until the results of the two government inquiries into north wales child abuse?

If it does go ahead, surely one of the most important issues is each candidate’s position on the Childrens’ homes scandal?

Do they think the pulped report should now be published?

were any of them a police officer at the time at north wales police? And more importantly were any of them a police office and in a police station when a victim came forward to make a complaint?

what are they going to do to help the government inquiry?

etc.

Rob
    Participant

So, polls closed about 35 minutes ago – you will probably have seen the updates on Election Results: Wrexham Votes For No One As Police Commissioner | Wrexham.com .

Amazing to see polling stations so consistently empty.

Y Ffin
    Participant

The ‘choose my pcc’ website is easy to use and included as much information as you get in those leaflets that candidates shove through your letterbox in general elections, albeit without the dodgy statistics and pictures of each candidate pretending to take credit for anything good that has happened in the area over the past four years.

People made a big mistake not going out to vote because these new PCCs could have a big effect on this community, whether you agree with the idea of having them or not. Sticking your head in the sand is not a sensible response. As for preople who don’t know what the election’s all about, they probably shouldn’t vote as issues such as criminal justice, budgeting, outsourcing and personnel management are going to be a bit too complicated for them to understand!!!

ScooterSharon
    Participant

I know of 3 voters today, my dad and I by postal vote due to health and my hubby who went to the polling station. Don’t agree with having Police Commissioners personally but if we don’t vote there is no democracy only apathy.

We used Wrexham.com for our info and the leaflet sent by ONE candidate, disgusted that the others couldn’t be bothered to try and get my vote

NJones
    Participant

We didn’t get any information through the post. We decided to put our postal votes in the bin.

Rob
    Participant

12% turnout in Wrexham.

Mr Roddick overall winner…

wrexview
    Participant

Consistently low turnout across the whole country and a number of Independent candidates elected. Probably reflects the general population’s disenchantment with all forms of party politics!

DaveW
    Participant

Just heard on BBC news that these elections cost £100million. What a disgusting waste of money !

The fact that turn out was so low proves it was a poorly thought out concept and should never have seen light of day.

I expect the police could have really done with that £100m

paul bearer
    Participant

@DaveW 2458 wrote:

Just heard on BBC news that these elections cost £100million. What a disgusting waste of money !

The fact that turn out was so low proves it was a poorly thought out concept and should never have seen light of day.

I expect the police could have really done with that £100m

Didn’t the government refuse to allocate candidates financial backing for flyers/publicity stating the wouldn’t because of financial cutbacks? Or have I got that wrong?:confused:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News