Pokemon-go-thingamajig is pathetic!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pokemon-go-thingamajig is pathetic!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

I know I’m a pissed-stained old fart, but am I alone in thinking that this latest Pokemon-go-thingamajig is pathetic?
    NOT! Because kids are wandering the streets blindly looking for something that is not actually there,
    NOT! Because these kids are putting themselves in danger of abduction, grooming, mugging, being ridicule for falling over [with shouts of the mandatory ‘Fell o-ver, Fell o-ver!] or worse run o-ver, run o-ver, etc etc.
    NO! Its cause these’kids’ are fully grown adults for gods sake, come on feller – get a life or even a wife, or maybe a knife!!

By the way, I am organising a walk in the park this evening, ladies only of course, blind folds provided and swim-wear optional, and at the end of the walk is a pot of gold, I will be the one riding a unicorn, holding my pet Oozlum Bird and looking like George Loony!

Huw
    Participant

I think its fine for kids as long as they stay safe but totally agree that adults seriously need to think just how sad their lives must be.

AMA Express
    Participant

If your feet touch the ground when you’re having a poo, you’re too old to be playing PokemonGO !

Daave63
    Participant

Well it had to happen, the first fatality linked to Pokemon! The wife, she was looking at the Pokemon app, and started reading out the instructions, I asked her to stop, and read quietly, but no she kept on and on and bloody on and on, so left me with little option other than the obvious – so I stabbed her. Sorry.

newwales
    Participant

Im not into it, but it is fantastic for adults, it is getting much more adults off the sofa & walking round the area. Much more exercise is always a good thing.

GrumpyGit
    Participant

While I don’t play it, I know some that do. All of them appear to be smarter than the old, piss-stained fuddy-duddies in this thread. It’s getting people outside, and enjoying something. There’s a bloody good chance the people playing that don’t like *your* hobby and think you should get a life… Try being a little more open minded…

Now, how about you go an wash your piss-stained clothes while digesting that. ;-)

AMA Express
    Participant

You seem to have a fixation on piss-stains. Can I suggest you move on to olive oil stains. It’ll be healthier for you.

GrumpyGit
    Participant

The OP was the one that announced he was a piss-stained old git, I’m just taking him at face value ;-)

[quote quote=116225]I know I’m a pissed-stained old fart, but am I alone in thinking that this latest Pokemon-go-thingamajig is pathetic?[/quote]

In all seriousness, to whoever is complaining about adults playing a game:-
    Whatever your pastime/hobby is (real ale, horses, caravans, gardening, walking, bitching about young people etc), chances are that there are many people out there think that you have no life for indulging in it. Just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean it’s automagically shit. Life would be terminally boring if we all did the same thing.

Daave63
    Participant

North Wales Police Issue ‘Pokémon Go’ Warning

Published: Monday, Jul 18th, 2016
    A warning is being issued to youngsters to be aware of their surroundings whilst playing Pokémon Go – the latest online game taking the world by storm.

North Wales Police have issued the warning following a report that two youths were seen on their phones playing Pokémon Go on the A55 near Holyhead earlier today.

Follow
    North Wales Police ✔ @NWPolice
    Reports of children playing #PokemonGO near to the #A55 at #Holyhead, officers are on their way #notaplayground #StaySafe
    2:12 PM – 18 Jul 2016
    19 19 Retweets 4 4 likes
    The aim of the game, which has taken both youths and adults by storm, is to walk around your neighbourhood trying to find Pokémon characters by using a smartphone camera. The app then overlays images over the ‘real world’ on screen.

People can then ‘catch them all’ and add the Pokémon character and add them to their collection.

Following today’s incident near the A55, officers are issuing the following advice to gamers:

– Don’t make yourself vulnerable. Don’t be tempted to take your phone out in busy or unlit areas where you could be a target for thieves

– Concentrate on dangers around you and be careful when crossing the road – don’t just focus on your device

– Never play the game while driving

– Don’t trespass on private property

Superintendent Jane Banham, Head of Community Safety at North Wales Police said: “With schools closing for the summer holidays there will be many children taking to the streets to play the game.

“However, we are asking players to exercise common sense whilst playing to make sure they are aware of their surroundings.

“Children should make sure they tell their parents where they are going when playing and parents should speak to their children about the associated risks.”

Since the game was released there have been a series of warnings / incidents reported – including a teenager discovering a dead body, people’s homes being turned into Pokémon Gyms and most bizarrely, a man finding a Pokémon on his wife’s hospital bed while she’s giving birth!

I rest my pants!!

GrumpyGit
    Participant

You can get in a lot more trouble if your hobby is the Pub at the weekend.

Given the millions playing this, does that not seem like a very low number to you? I’d bet a considerably higher number of people practising their hobby in the pub cause issues every single weekend.

Stop being doddery old gits and let people get on with it, it’s not as if it’s causing you issues is it?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor