Plods latest target area for speeders

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plods latest target area for speeders

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Not a speeding issue but Police Officers been out today issuing spot fines in Duke Street for cars and bikes going down towards Regent Street. I realize cars shouldn’t go down but it has become so common now because the inconsiderate bus drivers who don’t know the length of a bus often block off Trinity Street so the public turn down Duke Street to avoid the delays.
    Traffic in King Street, Duke Street and Trinity Street should be looked at as one problem – Duke Street turn off is a consequence of other problems.
    Good Christmas cheer to receive a spot fine

justjojo2011
    Participant

In my experience, cars don’t go down there because they can’t get down Trinity Street, they go down there because they want to go towards the Mold Road. This has not been an issues since the erection of the current bus station but long before that, since the one way system there was introduced.

I do agree about the buses. They are a nightmare for stopping in the middle of Trinity Street and waiting for a spot to park their bus.

@JaneJ 16930 wrote:

Not a speeding issue but Police Officers been out today issuing spot fines in Duke Street for cars and bikes going down towards Regent Street. I realize cars shouldn’t go down but it has become so common now because the inconsiderate bus drivers who don’t know the length of a bus often block off Trinity Street so the public turn down Duke Street to avoid the delays.
    Traffic in King Street, Duke Street and Trinity Street should be looked at as one problem – Duke Street turn off is a consequence of other problems.
    Good Christmas cheer to receive a spot fine

dagg
    Participant

They are signs stating the who can access that street but people don’t take any notice of them so its there own fault.

cmaj76
    Participant

It was a stupid idea to close off Duke Street to normal traffic, there was no issue previously, so why do it? Not that it stops anybody anyway

Darlofan
    Participant

If they want a new revenue scheme they should set up cameras on the on slips of the 483 and charge those that enter the 483 at 30-40mph or worse stop because they panic when they see traffic on the 483 with careless driving. I see it daily and it is plain dangerous. Most of the time the 483 is not that busy too, if they lack confidence to build speed to join at the pace of the traffic they are merging with they need to hand their licences back.

MP1953
    Participant

@Darlofan 17055 wrote:

If they want a new revenue scheme they should set up cameras on the on slips of the 483 and charge those that enter the 483 at 30-40mph or worse stop because they panic when they see traffic on the 483 with careless driving. I see it daily and it is plain dangerous. Most of the time the 483 is not that busy too, if they lack confidence to build speed to join at the pace of the traffic they are merging with they need to hand their licences back.

At last someone else has pointed this out, I thought the law/high way code had been changed, because as you say that is the correct way to join a motorway/dual carriage is to get to the speed needed to merge in behind or in front of the traffic, and the cars on the carriage way should not have to move out into the next lane to let cars in, and when you don’t move over you may get hooted at or get dirty looks…

off subject slightly it used to be that a car by law stops at a pedestrian crossing if there is someone on the crossing, has that been changed because a lot don’t bother to stop. :(

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News