Plods latest target area for speeders

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plods latest target area for speeders

• Author

dagg
    Participant

The story I have heard is the crown buildings are coming down and the bus station is moving there. something to do with excessive rents on King street.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The main bus station is owned by WCBC the retail outlets and old Fat Cat (due to reopen soon) is a different property company. Surprised if bus station does move as part of the King Street revamp £1.1 million was based on it being an entry point into the town — repayment of grants comes to mind if this was the case. That said nothing surprises in Wrexham these days.
    Crown Buildings were due to come down as part of the rebuild of a new Waterworld

jimbow
    Participant

@99DylanJones 16101 wrote:

The main bus station is owned by WCBC the retail outlets and old Fat Cat (due to reopen soon) is a different property company. Surprised if bus station does move as part of the King Street revamp £1.1 million was based on it being an entry point into the town — repayment of grants comes to mind if this was the case. That said nothing surprises in Wrexham these days.
    Crown Buildings were due to come down as part of the rebuild of a new Waterworld

I do not know how this Plod thread has got on to the bus station,but here goes.When the bus station was originally planned to be built the council received a grant for it of £1 million.Unfortunately at that time the plans fell through,and the council were desperate to now look for another project to fund, in case it lost the grant money.The £1 million was allocated to a new roof for the Butchers Market which was in need of replacement as it was leaking.The roof was replaced but was money ill spent as the new roof leaked worse than the old one.

Ferret
    Participant

Excuse me I’m lost. Could someone tell me which bus I should take to get back to the speeding thread please?

dagg
    Participant

Sorry my fault, somebody mentioned the poor parking of buses on King street.
    and I said they was talk of them moving the bus station. It just went off topic then. :(

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

Back to the issue in hand of plods
    Well yet again it seems one rule for them and another for the rset of us.
    Perhaps someone would like to identify the NWP Range Rover FRV on the A55 Eastbound last Tuesday at ~ 5.10 pm.
    Flashing blues all the way from the Broughton off-slip to the Posthouse roundabout; where it turned them off and went down the A483.
    It obviously didn’t want to conform the the awful conditions like the rest of us.
    IDIOT!

Taffy
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 16581 wrote:

Back to the issue in hand of plods
    Well yet again it seems one rule for them and another for the rset of us.
    Perhaps someone would like to identify the NWP Range Rover FRV on the A55 Eastbound last Tuesday at ~ 5.10 pm.
    Flashing blues all the way from the Broughton off-slip to the Posthouse roundabout; where it turned them off and went down the A483.
    It obviously didn’t want to conform the the awful conditions like the rest of us.
    IDIOT!

Maybe they had been told that they were no longer required at the incident that they were making way to.

Chris
    Participant

@dale 15890 wrote:

In Hope the speed van was outside the primary school at 10 PM the other night, in the pitch dark.

Being slightly cynical I’d say they know that at 8 o clock in the morning/3 o clock in the afternoon most people driving past there know that school is on and therefore stick rigidly to the limit, and by going elsewhere at that time they can probably catch more people.

Blatant money making in my book.

A couple of things.

Cars speed past the primary school at 8am & 3pm. I have witnessed near misses and its so bad that if the crossing patrol lady is not available a member of staff will take over.

It is a myth that gosafe make money from tickets but they will not answer the question to whether they need to hit ticket targets to have their contracts renewed.

Chris
    Participant

An area that gosafe patrol which has increased the risk to pedestrians is on the Llay New Rd.
    As the 30mph area has been extended to way outside the village Gosafe have targeted the entrance to the village. This has resulted in drivers slowing down by the cemetery and then speeding up through the village. Again gosafe do not target time when there are increased numbers of pedestrians around but prefer late Sunday nights.

dale
    Participant

@Chris 16621 wrote:

A couple of things.

Cars speed past the primary school at 8am & 3pm. I have witnessed near misses and its so bad that if the crossing patrol lady is not available a member of staff will take over.

It is a myth that gosafe make money from tickets but they will not answer the question to whether they need to hit ticket targets to have their contracts renewed.

I drive past there almost every morning at 8 am and have never seen a near miss, in fact most of the traffic I see seems to be adhering to the speed limit quite nicely at that time of the day. Mainly due to the flashing lights on the crossing and volume of traffic. You will of course always get the odd idiot but then again I’ve never seen the arrive alive van there at that time either, so I think my argument still stands – ie they would rather be there in the dark to catch the drivers who inadvertently stray a few mph over the limit on a downhill stretch of deserted road.

I think the school has a responsibility to provide crossing assistance, so its not surprising a member of staff would fill in – I don’t think that is due to the fact that drivers are regularly speeding through at school time. Indeed if this were the case then why is the arrive alive van not there at that time? Surely this would be the perfect argument for the van to be there, unfortunately it is conspicuous by its absence.

I don’t see what effect parking an arrive alive van outside a primary school at 10pm is going to achieve other than get peoples backs up?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News