Plods latest target area for speeders

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plods latest target area for speeders

• Author

dale
    Participant

In Hope the speed van was outside the primary school at 10 PM the other night, in the pitch dark.

Being slightly cynical I’d say they know that at 8 o clock in the morning/3 o clock in the afternoon most people driving past there know that school is on and therefore stick rigidly to the limit, and by going elsewhere at that time they can probably catch more people.

Blatant money making in my book.

beedar
    Participant

A friend of mine was once stopped for doing 33 mph past a school. The officer said ‘ do you know you were speeding past a school ‘ ? My friend said ‘ Yes, but it’s Saturday ‘

jok
    Participant

Andy, Thank you for highlighting this point. Your statement applies to every bus driver waiting to access the bus station parking bay off Trinity Street. In my opinion it constitutes misuse of the highway. I have raised this issue with the local member, Steve Wilson and the now Leader of the council, Mark Pritchard and nothing has been done. What does anyone have to do to get anything done in this town?

99DylanJones
    Participant

JOk there is also the issue of bus drivers not knowing the length of their vehicles which they leave overhanging the double yellow lines onto Trinity Street.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@99DylanJones 15954 wrote:

JOk there is also the issue of bus drivers not knowing the length of their vehicles which they leave overhanging the double yellow lines onto Trinity Street.

That is because the larger buses do not fit into the space available. The bus station just hasn’t got the space available to accommodate all the buses that need to ‘lay over’

jok
    Participant

Maybe someone should tell the bus drivers who daily obstruct the highway whilst waiting for a space to magically appear on the bus parking area of the bus station and even change drivers on Trinity Street, causing congestion that tails back as far as Rhosddu Road via Lord Street and King Street and even back to Regent Street via Little King Street and also causing inconvenience to their own colleagues who will do the same to them when they can’t find a parking space. Fancy designing a bus station that is isolated as an island. How much money do these planning experts get paid to mess up Wrexham’s economy?

Iceman
    Participant

If the powers that be read this, please can you try and catch the speeding morons on Mold Road, by Alyn Waters. Thanks.

Huw
    Participant

Ha you must be joking Iceman! I’ve been saying the same about the Llan y Pwll link road for years where vehicle’s exceed well over 100mph DAILY and nothing gets done. It takes a fatal accident for people to take notice around here, which is too bloody late! It’s far too easy for them to sit on the Rossett flyover or at the bottom of hills than catch the real dangerous idiots.

dagg
    Participant

@jok 15985 wrote:

Maybe someone should tell the bus drivers who daily obstruct the highway whilst waiting for a space to magically appear on the bus parking area of the bus station and even change drivers on Trinity Street, causing congestion that tails back as far as Rhosddu Road via Lord Street and King Street and even back to Regent Street via Little King Street and also causing inconvenience to their own colleagues who will do the same to them when they can’t find a parking space. Fancy designing a bus station that is isolated as an island. How much money do these planning experts get paid to mess up Wrexham’s economy?

Is’nt the bus station moving to by the baths.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Is this a tongue in cheek quip or have you heard something on the ground

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News