Plenty of new work for Kingdom Environmental Protection Services

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plenty of new work for Kingdom Environmental Protection Services

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

Smokers face being fined if they are caught lighting up in the grounds of hospitals, schools and playgrounds.

Wales will be the first UK country to extend the smoking ban to include set outdoor areas by the summer of 2019.

https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/smoking-banned-grounds-hospitals-schools-14706924

zinger
    Participant

I agree with this. It isn’t fair that sick patients or people with young children visiting hospitals with cancer or respiratory conditions should have to walk past the smokers who congregate by the hospital entrances.

MP1953
    Participant

I thought it is already banned at the Maelor as it stands now, but is not enforced, so who is going to enforce it ?

AMA Express
    Participant

I guess it’ll be up to the local council or their contractors as, as far as I’m aware, the hospital occupies land owned by the council.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

This is an opportunity for Kingdom to actually provide a PROPER service for once.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=149718]This is an opportunity for Kingdom to actually provide a PROPER service for once.[/quote]

I very much have my doubts that they will still be operating in Wrexham in 12 months time when the ban kicks in.

Wrexham1
    Participant

[quote quote=149721]

This is an opportunity for Kingdom to actually provide a PROPER service for once.

I very much have my doubts that they will still be operating in Wrexham in 12 months time when the ban kicks in.[/quote]

I agree that it’s likely that Kingdom will no longer be in Wrexham by then but even if they are, they’ll still only attempt to enforce the new laws on “easy targets” such as OAP’s and lone women.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Never has a private company ever been so universally despised by so many, whilst certain people are so blinkered to admit the obvious shortcomings of this contract.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News