Plenty of Covid-19 tests for Wales, eh?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plenty of Covid-19 tests for Wales, eh?

• Author

zinger
    Participant

JaneJ I am confused. I read on Public Health Wales that Wrexham had 2 positve today from 230 testng episodes. 18 in Betsi Cadwwaladr out of 1,059 testing episodes. I assumed that these figures were from actual tests or am I reading it wrong.

JaneJ
    Participant

Wrexham is approx 1 in 100
    Betsi overall is almost 2 per 100

The point I was trying to make is that there are lots of people who have symptom but have given up trying to get a test either because there are non available when they try and book or the location is so far away they could not get there..

Truthbeknown
    Participant

Jane,testing in N Wales as a whole is still a total farce and VG and his team really need to get there act together or do the honourable thing. We all have a responsibility to do our part, most people testing positive now are experiencing mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. Whether they can get a test or not, and I reiterate that test should be available immediately and locally for them, anyone who suspects they have Covid should be isolating. There is no way to police this situation we must take responsibility for our own actions.

The virus is certainly not out of control in Wrexham, N Wales or Wales by any means as much as Drakeford and his scaremongering would have us believe, obviously the other 228 people tested must have a cold or perhaps flu, if they were tested due to symptoms. Will we shut the country down for Flu, think we all know the answer to that.

Matt
    Participant

Apparently there is a backlog of 230,000 tests where people are awaiting to receive results across the UK that could take weeks to resolve.

zinger
    Participant

Parents are asking for tests for their children because they have a cold. Also Doctors are telling people to have a test when they don’t have covid symptoms. No wonder testing stations are overwhelmed.

Matt
    Participant

Of course the government are quick to pass the blame onto Joe public for this test shortage and the spin seems to be working despite even some of the more right wing papers landing the blame squarely at the shoulders of the Government.

There’s now 913 schools in the UK that have had a Coronavirus outbreak barely a few weeks into the school year – so rightly some parents are going to be concerned about any symptoms their children may have. Who wants to be the parent that ignored signs and either causes their own child to get more ill or sends that child into school (like you are meant to with colds) and causes a worse outbreak – or even worse passes it onto someone elderly or vulnerable.

If that’s an action to now be tut tutted at then all parents who have enough responsibility not to have had their kids taken into care should be shamed.

Likewise asymptomatic people are being forced to go and seek a test if someone in their bubble or part of a Test and Trace Chain (you went to the wrong pub at the wrong time) has Covid otherwise you are unable to get the all clear to work and in many cases the sick pay or lack of sick pay is insufficient money to put food on the table and keep a roof over your head.

Again, the irresponsible instance in this case would be to ignore quarantine requirements because you feel well and not seek testing and then continue to work and possibly spread Covid around.

So it’s either the case that:

A) The Government provides enough tests for everyone that needs them (I mean what happens if we end up with an infection rate like France – then there’d not even be enough tests for people WITH symptoms)

B) The Government (and devolved Governments) puts in the appropriate lockdown measures and restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid to a level where the demand exceeds the availability of testing.

JaneJ
    Participant

Matt fully agree with your summary – in the current situation how does anyone know if they have a cold or Covid surely a test is the best option. It was only a few weeks ago that Kirsty Williams was stating that all our schools were a safe place yet now we are not only seeing staff who are positive but children and young people themselves.
    I would prefer to see over testing (even though there are capacity issues) that saves lives compared with under testing and an increase in deaths.
    The next couple of weeks will be crucial as we head towards the 10,000 a day positive cases in the UK due to not being able to reduce the spread now through affective testing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News