Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

Unanimosly REFUSED

Sheefag
    Participant

I wonder if they’ll appeal?

Saxon1
    Participant

No doubt they will. But at least many voices have been heard and not just the two of us ! Really Sheefag did you really think that there was “just the two of us”. Oh I hear a song coming on !

BenjaminM
    Participant

I tuned in to the Planning meeting this afternoon and, with the exception of the Planning Officer’s input to the meeting, I was totally shocked by the lack of ability of Councillors present to a) grasp what was going on and b) to put a coherent sentence together, let alone a reasoned argument.
    Despite guidance from the Chair regarding being careful that any reason proffered for rejection must hold water if the application goes to appeal, they collectively chose to ignore.
    Saxon and Captain C may think that they and their cohorts have won their war but if it goes to appeal, I can almost guarantee that it is too soon to be popping champagne corks yet.
    One thing I did learn this afternoon though, is that if I wanted to hear intelligent debate, I would be more likely to find it outside a pub at chucking out time

Sheefag
    Participant

The planning officer is a professional, the others are there due to their ability to wear a red rosette.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=101143]The planning officer is a professional, the others are there due to their ability to wear a red rosette.

[/quote]hi Sheefag,

Not sure whether you can understand this but only 5 red rosette wearers on planning out of 20 and planning is an area where there is no whip and each councillor makes his or her mind up based on the facts.
    More widely it should be noted this a Tory – Independent led council, the Labour group being a minority of 13 out of 52. You only have to look at the policies!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Andrew – the point was that there were 5 red rosettes who hardly said anything has Labour given up in Wrexham

jimbow
    Participant

the Labour group being a minority of 13 out of 52. You only have to look at the policies!

[/quote] Why are you in the minority ? Answer You all vote together to ABSTAIN from voting on a regular basis. Who on earth is going to elect a person with no bottle.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Not sure whether you can understand this but only 5 red rosette wearers on planning out of 20 and planning is an area where there is no whip and each councillor makes his or her mind up based on the facts.
    More widely it should be noted this a Tory – Independent led council, the Labour group being a minority of 13 out of 52. You only have to look at the policies!

[/quote]

For Independent read Labour defectors.
    Making own mind up…….debatable.
    Based on facts…………definitely not.

Pinky02
    Participant

I attended the planning meeting this afternoon. There were 5 labour councillors on the planning committee, one of those declared an interest and left the room. Out of the 4 left, 3 of them spoke out about this development. I would say they were very vocal!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News