Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

WE know who WE are, but you of course don’t need to know who WE are as it is of no concern to you, and of no interest to you is it !!

Thank you zinger for your support.

Sheefag
    Participant

I can’t imagine it’s much of a concern for anyone, and that’s the nub of the weakness of the campaign.
    The ‘DoubleSpeak’ is that, whilst putporting to represent the community, the campaign has become a vehicle for the egos of a few.
    It’s more about the image of the loudest campaigners, rather than the campaign message.
    Still, no harm done eh?

Pinky02
    Participant

It is indeed ironic that one of the foremost campaigners against ANY development in Llay, himself lives in Drill Hall Court which was a new build only eight years ago.

[/quote]

I think you are being unfair there Sheefag. This campaigner has only been against 2 developments, both of which would have a detrimental effect on the village.

Sheefag
    Participant

I assure you I wasn’t trying to be mean Pinky, hence I referred to irony.
    One more aggressive than I might call it hypocrisy.

Bish
    Participant

[quote quote=100974]And so it’s the last weekend of the fight for what has been a hughly stressful eighteen months for the people of Llay. I

I hope that you will encounter the gut wrenching feeling of insecurity, worry, dread and fear for the future that people in Llay have felt. [/quote]
    For gods sake it’s just a new housing development. Anyone who is insecure, stressed or full of dread and fear needs to give themselves a good talking to.

johnty
    Participant

Think it could be a good thing for Llay.

jimbow
    Participant

I can visualise it now, when the roads are named Captain Terrace and Saxon Close. The Captain and Saxon standing proud together knowing that progress has won the day.

johnty
    Participant

My wife and I are happy that there might be some affordable housing available to the locals and allow our family to buy homes in the village they grew up in.

Metalhead
    Participant

[quote quote=101056]My wife and I are happy that there might be some affordable housing available to the locals and allow our family to buy homes in the village they grew up in.

[/quote]

Have a look on Rightmove, there’s loads of houses for sale in Llay starting from just a tad over 100k. Can’t imagine any new build would be cheaper than that.

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s about supply and demand.
    the increase in supply will either cap the rate of inflation of the existing housing stock or indeed, mildly decrease it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News