Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

This is exactly correct. Problem is people who appear to be in favour of this development who write on this forum have not read the detail and I can only assume do not live in Llay.

Sheefag
    Participant

Those who don’t currently live in Llay, will ultimately have 350 NEW opportunities to do so.

LocalGuy
    Participant

And the Businessmen who do… potentially 700 employees

Saxon1
    Participant

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk › News › North Wales News › Wrexham Council

Saxon1
    Participant

Sheefag
    Participant

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llay-365-homes-bid-wrexham-10144632
    [quote]A report by Wrexham council’s Head of Community Wellbeing and Development, Lawrence Isted, said the Coal Authority had said ground movement from underground mines “should have stopped by now” and increased traffic flow could be dealt with.

He added: “Whilst I appreciate that the site lies outside of the settlement limit for Llay and therefore conflicts with policy PS1, the development will make a significant contribution towards meeting current and future housing needs in the County Borough.”
    [/quote]

Saxon1
    Participant

And so it’s the last weekend of the fight for what has been a hughly stressful eighteen months for the people of Llay. And whilst we are fully aware of the little game you have been playing Sheefag, it most certainly is not a game for the people deeply upset about what will happen in the uncertain future for Llay. I don’t doubt that you will be so pleased with yourself if indeed it does get passed and will be taking cheap pot shots at the people who fought the fight, but one day you may be in a similar position and I hope that you will encounter the gut wrenching feeling of insecurity, worry, dread and fear for the future that people in Llay have felt. And that is not just a few voices on the blog as there are many elderly people who dont have a voice. Just walk around the caravan park across the road from the site and ask the people on there how they feel.

So now all I/we can hope is that common sense prevails, but if not Sheefag good luck to you on your next quest for opposition, hope that you will one day be at peace with yourself and finally find a way of offloading all that anger.😀

Pinky02
    Participant

The report also states;
    Some areas of the site are at risk of surface water flooding. The proposed development has potential to increase flood risk to developments offsite, because it will increase the surface area of impermeable ground.
    and ;
    No evidence has been provided that ground conditions on site will be suitable for infiltration, there is no indication of any watercourse on site suitable to accept surface water flows, and it is not clear whether the green spaces marked on the site layout will be sufficient to accommodate any required attenuation storage;
    And;
    There is no UDP policy or Local Planning Guidance Notes that impose a specific requirement for the developers to provide or make contributions towards health care facilities.
    and;
    Education has not objected to the development but has confirmed that contributions towards both primary and secondary education are required. These will be secured via a planning obligation. In the absence of an objection from Education I can only conclude that, subject to funding being secured, there is sufficient scope to increase school capacity in the locality to cater for the demand generated by the development. (This contribution goes to the Local Education Authority, NOT local schools. Llay, Gresford and Rossett community councils have stated that schools in these areas do not have the capacity to cope with the increase.)

zinger
    Participant

Although I am not from the area please may I wish you, the residents, the best of luck. It is the thin end of the wedge which will see other villages in the same situation. Brymbo was just the beginning.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=100974]……….And whilst we are fully aware of the little game you have been playing Sheefag, ………..hope that you will one day be at peace with yourself and finally find a way of offloading all that anger.[/quote]

No games, no anger and who’s this ‘We’?

Yourself and the good Captain have resorted to name-calling and personal abuse towards anyone who doesn’t agree with your point of view, all of the way through this campaign.
    It is indeed ironic that one of the foremost campaigners against ANY development in Llay, himself lives in Drill Hall Court which was a new build only eight years ago.

Matthew 7:1 or Matthew 7:4? You choose.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News