Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

newwales
    Participant

If the houses are built (I have no problem), I want the council to impose 1 restriction on them, for the first 1 month only Owner Occupiers can buy the homes, after that anyone including property developers can buy the houses.

Just look at the houses on the old remploy site, virtually all the So called “Starter Homes” mainly 2 bedroom are snapped up within a few days of going on sale to property developers, home buyers have no chance getting in there first.

This is why there is a house shortage so many rented property’s.

rockyrobins
    Participant

[quote quote=93176]If the houses are built (I have no problem), I want the council to impose 1 restriction on them, for the first 1 month only Owner Occupiers can buy the homes, after that anyone including property developers can buy the houses.

Just look at the houses on the old remploy site, virtually all the So called “Starter Homes” mainly 2 bedroom are snapped up within a few days of going on sale to property developers, home buyers have no chance getting in there first.

This is why there is a house shortage so many rented property’s.

[/quote]
    You are correct that landlords are buying up these cheaper properties to rent out at high rents and there should be a window of opportunity for owner occupiers to have the chance to try and get a mortgage together to purchase these houses, say 3 months or similar.

Marie
    Participant

I notice the archaeological report is now available within the WCBC website’s planning application.
    It doesn’t appear that anything particularly significant was found during the investigations apart from some medieval drains / ditches.
    The report makes interesting reading from a potted history point of view though!

Captain C
    Participant

Interesting report on the historical part and then very biased in favour of the architect and farmer. Although it does point out that the farmer has not ploughed his fields for at least 15 years lazy sod. Now waiting on the sewage plant report as they are already stretched beyond capacity. Watch this space.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=94186]very biased in favour of the architect and farmer.[/quote]

Or maybe it’s just factual.

[quote quote=94186]Although it does point out that the farmer has not ploughed his fields for at least 15 years lazy sod. [/quote]

And once more you unveil the the tawdry joy that you get from the fetid stench of the bitter politics of envy.
    Who exactly are you to call this Farmer lazy or judge anyone for that matter?

Captain C
    Participant

I wondered if I could awaken you Sheefag and had a bet you could not resist. Now go back to sleep and play with your MGs and leave the thread to people who care about our future.

Sheefag
    Participant

The Crewe family have farmed that land for generation, after generation, after generation.
    Captain, your posts are nasty, personal, poisonous and I feel, say a great deal about you.

Captain C
    Participant

Check you facts Sheefag, The Crewes lived in the Grange and owned the pig farm on Syngret Hill. They sold the Grange and the land used for the pig farm they converted into building land hence Syngret Hights. They then bought Home Farm, sold the field next to the Caravan Park and that became Meadow Rise. They sold their barns by converting them into residential housing. They then bought a field adjacent to the grave yard on Llay New Road and are seeking planning permission for a housing development there and now they want to offload 24 acres for housing.
    Yes the Crewes have lived in Llay for a long time but not in Home Farm and therefore have not farmed that land for generation after generation.
    If you feel my posts are nasty, personal and poisonous, then you should take a deep breath and re-read your own as you seem to want to shoot everyone down for your own fun, no wonder you were kicked off the MG owners site for the same sort of behaviour.

Sheefag
    Participant

You just hate the thought of anyone doing better than you.

Captain C
    Participant

No, I am proud of folk that do well in life as long as they don’t stand on other peoples shoulders to get to the top. We all should do our best for ourselves, our family and friends and don’t ever begrudge others for getting on.

The point of this thread is to preserve the green fields in our country side for generations to come and not to build over them and destroy them for ever. The country side around Wrexham (be it North Wales or England) is beautiful and should be preserved for our children and grandchildren. If we require to build houses and I’m sure we do then there is enough brown land to build on without destroying lovely fields.

In Llay the doctors and the schools say they have not got the capacity to accommodate that many more people. The traffic around the Straight Mile and Gresford Road is already causing problems without another 700+ cars each morning and then same again in the evening. The Sewage Works in the Vale is already past capacity and will take a massive update costing a very large sum of money.

Summing up: I am not against people bettering themselves but I am when it effects the lives of others. I am not against the building of houses but I am when it destroys our countryside.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News