Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

lazyjack
    Participant

@Sheefag 17246 wrote:

A view that was taken from someone else when their own house was built.
    If every planning application was decided on such grounds, nothing would ever get built.

I’m really not so far, reading any objection that a planning committee would take an ounce of notice of frankly.

You are forgetting your original point that ‘this development will not and cannot devalue any homes in the area’. I was only pointing out that this is not true.

Sheefag
    Participant

I have to concede that it’s a valid point which is well made Jacque, it may well devalue a handful of homes in the immediate vicinity but I’m not convinced that it will be to any significant degree.

Some of the very best views in Britain can be seen from Coedpoeth and Bwylchgwyn, homes in these two villages however do not command a higher premium as a result.

If the devaluation of a handful of homes is the only coherent, objective point, then the objectors are going to lose.

Old dog
    Participant

Just to clear up a few points.

The Crewe family is one of most known and very respected families in the village, in particular to those who are Llay born and bred. Your personal insults and lack of knowledge are uncalled for.

What business have you run Captain C, it must be Muck Spreading. You are very successful at it.

And you cannot claim all of Gresford Road and Llay are against the development. Because they are not.

I have lived in a council house in this village all my life, known the family all my life , lovely family they are too. I cannot say I agree with the development, but am prepared to watch it go through its long journey via the proper channels. Obviously yourself and Saxon are bitter and twisted and will invent as much dirt as you can. It’s not the way to go about things, your comments are your own and I cannot imagine that your methods represent the views of other protestors. And your few points are not totally correct.

zinger
    Participant

I am concerned about traffic using the Gresford Road. It is quite narrow with a lot of bends, the railway bridge & Griffin hill. It is murder passing the school in Gresford in a morning & afternoon. I know that there are other routes but with the houses to be built in Rhosrobin those roads will be busy too. Why is this area to the right of the Llay New Road so popular that there is a need for an extra 750 new houses in total between the two developments.

allangeorgedavies
    Participant

one thing concerns me about any new houses being built is, are they going to build new reservoirs to cope or are we going to suffer water shortages when we have a hot summer as none appear to being built ARE THERE

Captain C
    Participant

@Old dog 17250 wrote:

Just to clear up a few points.

The Crewe family is one of most known and very respected families in the village, in particular to those who are Llay born and bred. Your personal insults and lack of knowledge are uncalled for.

What business have you run Captain C, it must be Muck Spreading. You are very successful at it.

And you cannot claim all of Gresford Road and Llay are against the development. Because they are not.

I have lived in a council house in this village all my life, known the family all my life , lovely family they are too. I cannot say I agree with the development, but am prepared to watch it go through its long journey via the proper channels. Obviously yourself and Saxon are bitter and twisted and will invent as much dirt as you can. It’s not the way to go about things, your comments are your own and I cannot imagine that your methods represent the views of other protestors. And your few points are not totally correct.

I have known the Crewe family for a number of years as well But you can not doubt the facts that they have done this before and will try to do it again and again.

Do you think that they will live in the farm house when it is surrounded with houses and traffic?

As for the jibe about muck spreading, no I leave that to the farmer as it’s his job.

As far as people for and against this application, apart from a couple of posters on here I am finding it very hard to find any in Llay but I am finding dozens who have very strong feelings against it.

I also grew up in a council house and am very proud of my upbringing but I would never force my feelings on other people. If I won the lottery (no chance) I would not sell my home and move as I would be letting every one living in Llay down and I amongst others will fight this until the bitter end.

Sheefag
    Participant

@Captain C 17256 wrote:

If I won the lottery (no chance) I would not sell my home and move as I would be letting every one living in Llay down

prince_charles_60_1.jpg

Captain C
    Participant

:):):):):) I’m now going to check my ticket.

Old dog
    Participant

Well the Crewe family have lived on Gresford road for more than 100 years, they used to have fields opposite them too. The previous developments went through proper channels and were due to Demand for Houses to help the village expand. Do you think that Singrett Heights, Woodlands,Meadow Rise,Fairoaks, Acacia Court, Drill Hall,St.davids Crescent,Vale View,Llay Green Estate, and others have been detrimental or beneficial to the existence of The village?
    Did you campaign against the closure of Llay Main?
    Are you happy with the Industrial Estate?
    Do you support the siting of the new Police Headquarters?
    I listened today to a song by David Alexander – The price of Coal. A Sad but pertinent message.Thankfully our children did not have to go down there.
    Progress is better understood in hindsight.

Old dog
    Participant

Maybe if you win you can make an offer for Home Farm��

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News