Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

So Old Dog you presume to know me personally which I feel is very threatening and intimidating and if you presume to know me then jealousy does not even come close. You really do not know me at all.
    Presume then you have read all the detail, and lets hope Old Dog that it does never happen, so one thing we agree on.

EJ01
    Participant

Old dog- How ironic to call somebody sad and vindictive for merely expressing their views in regard to this proposal. I very much doubt that this persons protests are due to jealousy but due to concerns regarding over burdened medical centres, local schools at near capacity, traffic problems and building out of the settlement boundary and on agricultural fields. In the past this proposal would have been automatically declined but we have speculative proposals being put forward . Nobody doubts that this is a legal process but the timing , just before Christmas is of concern as people only have 21 days to raise their objections. Call me cynical, but this farmer put in previous proposals this time last year in the hope that locals were too busy enjoying their Christmas .

EJ01
    Participant

Oops sorry. Previous planning attempt was 2 years ago not last year for MIFEST on this land.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Old dog 17136 wrote:

Saxon, you really are a sad and vindictive individual, and as is common in these situations, your protests are mainly borne out of jealousy. Look at the amount of ‘facts’ you have stated in this thread, now we are going to have a quarry before its turned into housing. You really have no idea what will happen, neither does anyone else, but it is a legal PROCESS which is taking place, it will take a number of years,and may never happen.
    I remember the fields where you live, full of ponds etc, and YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE ON THERE. What a hypocrite you are. I am sure Home Farm will enjoy a Merry Xmas, you should try it one day too!

How unpleasant, just because someone has concerns about a proposed development and would rather it not go ahead, you come on here like a good old keyboard warrior with some pretty personal comments.

Can’t you understand that people have different opinions ? There are many people who don’t want it to go ahead and why shouldn’t they be entitled to their own opinion ?

Also, we keep hearing about a shortage of houses. Well, why don’t we start by building on unused brownfield land before taking over farming land ? There’s about 20 acres available on the old Air Products site in Acrefair, what’s wrong with that for a start ?

Sheefag
    Participant

I think ‘Old Dog’ is spot on with his analysis to be honest, particularly bearing in mind the bilious, personal nature of Saxon’s last post.

zinger
    Participant

Perhaps personalities should be kept out of it. I assume that we are all grown up and are able to debate as grown ups.

Sheefag
    Participant

Absolutely Zinger, reasoned debate instead of petulant, childish mudslinging is what’s required.

There’s always one who feel they own a discussion or campaign.

Marie
    Participant

I have noticed that the planning submissions are back online now. There is rather a lot to consider, I’m personally very concerned about the lack of environmental assessments however that’s not to say they are not in there somewhere – I shall re-read.

I found the letter setting out the planners pre-scheme advice very interesting reading. It appears that half the site was perhaps in the minerals development plan / protection zone however trail pits have been dug which appear to make the prospect of extraction unviable. Lots of other useful information about tree protection issues, the protection of the views down to the Cheshire plains, and perhaps most importantly the density concerns relating to the proposed development. It can be viewed on document number 2291653.

Sheefag
    Participant

I would be intrigued to know the average age of the average Llay objectors home.
    Just curious like.

EJ01
    Participant

Sheefag- Even though some of the objectors houses may have been built within the last 20-40 years and indeed some in recent years, you will find that these houses have been built within current planning policies i.e. built within the settlement boundary, on infill land within the settlement of Llay, on previously used land and not on agricultural greenfields. Indeed the only “new” houses built outside of the settlement that I am aware of, and correct me if I am wrong, have been converted barns and farm buildings which this farmer and others have already taken advantage of.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News