Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

Apart from the fact that 100% of the residents are against it on both sides of Llay we have many legal and factual points against it. But there is no way we are going to declare them this early in the fight, we would be silly and self defeating to do so.

James1
    Participant

@Captain C 16588 wrote:

Apart from the fact that 100% of the residents are against it on both sides of Llay we have many legal and factual points against it. But there is no way we are going to declare them this early in the fight, we would be silly and self defeating to do so.

I am a llay resident and I am not against this development so the fact that 100% of residence are against is not true.

My view is it will improve the village and will be good for local businesses. Llay has recently been declared as a deprived area of wales. This is why it has had the grants via the arbed scheme to improve the energy performance of over 300 houses in the village.

I appreciate that the doctors is a very busy place and over subscribed at the moment but with a new development it will hopefully improve as investment will be made to suit.

Unfortunately it is a fact of life that things progress and llay needs to progress. If there was no developments 30yrs ago my house wouldn’t have been built.

Let’s work with the developers and improve the village.

Captain C
    Participant

Good Morning James,
    Thanks for posting, It’s great to hear another side to this as out of the 400 plus people who turned up at the Legion or that we have spoken to, you are the only one other than the farmer (any relation) and architect that is in favour of this. Have you spoken to the Doctors as they say there is no funding to increase the size of the practice, or the schools (Llay and Gresford) as they have about 20 spaces at the moment. The roads have not got the capacity to take that many more cars on top of the lorries (site and factories) so perhaps you know something we don’t.

zinger
    Participant

Would you let me know where to find which villages are tagged as deprived please James as I notice that all over the county, where there are council houses, that solar panels have been introduced. Does that mean that all council estates are classified as deprived? Genuine question as I don’t know the answer or where to look.

jimbow
    Participant

If we took the name of the private developer off the application and inserted the name of Wrexham Council as seeking planning application to build 350 Council Homes.The reason for the application being, the council wished to provide rented accommodation for the present children of Llay to have somewhere to dwell in the future,rather than move away from the area.Would the present objectors to the private application still judge the council application with the same objections?Just a thought.:)

dale
    Participant

Well, all the same arguments against would still be there, ie school capacity, doctors/dentists capacity, road traffic so I don’t see why anything else would change?

lazyjack
    Participant

@jimbow 16617 wrote:

If we took the name of the private developer off the application and inserted the name of Wrexham Council as seeking planning application to build 350 Council Homes.The reason for the application being, the council wished to provide rented accommodation for the present children of Llay to have somewhere to dwell in the future,rather than move away from the area.Would the present objectors to the private application still judge the council application with the same objections?Just a thought.:)

A little experiment for anyone wishing to participate. Find a friend/relative that lives across the road from a nice open space of green farmland. Any area will do but preferably a village in the Wrexham area. Now tell them that there are plans to build around 360 houses directly opposite them over a period of three years.

Now ask them to answer honestly if they would object or not, if they were in that situation.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Hi Captain C, once again it’s not all factual.. I am for the development as are other people who have commented. Also the 400 people of which I was one that attended the Meeting may not all be against the development there were people there that I spoke to who were for the development they just wanted to find out some information. I guess in summary you can’t keep making invalid negative points and ignoring peoples positive valid responses..

Pinky02
    Participant

Just to point out the sheer scale of this development. If you live in Llay, this proposed development will be larger than ALL of the houses built on the Legion side of Llay New Road. This includes council properties and private houses put together!
    Llay just doesn’t have the infrastructure to cope with such a large scale development, no matter who builds them!

zinger
    Participant

As James didn’t answer my query I had to do some research. I note that Llay comes into 3 areas. Since the model village was the original village of Llay, I would think that as they are council owned, that they are due to be updated. Well some of them anyway. They must be 90- 95 years old by now after all. UK Local Area – Llay, Wrexham – Neighbourhood Profile – Schools – House Prices – Council Tax – Gas / Electricity Prices

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News