Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

onequest
    Participant

“just a little thought for the day”, in Llay we are very fortunate to have one of the best secondary schools in the whole of wales, on our door step, namely Castell Alun. This would be a very big attraction for any newbie buyer to Llay. on the down side your child or children may be limited in options of schooling. it may even force the hand of schools to make a changes to school intake boundaries…….?

99DylanJones
    Participant

If county boundaries changed and Wrexham and Flintshire become one Education Authority to problem of pupils being schooled out of county would not exist,

onequest
    Participant

This is a little bit of an emotive subject, but not to sure if people have looked at the larger picture, especially those people who say this new age estate will not effect me, if you pay a mortgage or look at your property as an investment, then yes it will, and this will be a ripple which will effect far and wide not only Llay but neighbouring villages also.
    If you have recently applied for a new mortgage or a new deal, since April of this year you will appreciate the pit falls involved, one of the jaw dropping moments will be the valuation of your property, you will probably find like most people that your property is valued way below market value, this is due to loss of faith in the market by borrowers. what does this mean for you, well in a nut shell you become a larger risk to the borrower and you end up paying more on your borrowings and you may have to take on a larger mortgage, if your circumstance allow.
    How will this new age estate effect me, as many of you know there is no builder behind this project and the plans you see are purely a vehicle to obtain planning consent. if you noticed the drawings that were shown to the public were not drawn to scale number of houses ambiguous, one of the roundabouts was not shown in the correct position, I could go on, this would be a time consuming and expensive process, as a proposition the drawings were a little shambolic hopefully the planning commity will see through the smoke screen?.
    so I have gone on a little, and you are probably waiting for the punch line. well in short, when the builder obtains the land they will look at the market, and to what sells or what appeals to the local authority “current” policy. You will find the builder will build cheap homes in volume, to extract every last piece of land, “welcome wales and west”. How does this effect house prices, well if you look at these affordable “low cost” homes verses shear volume, and I will leave the math to you, this will reduce the average house price of all the houses within this area regardless of no of bedrooms, detached, semi detached etc . can your family afford this cost. please take the time to evaluate, just remember this is irreversible, and this is you and your childrens future.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

One request- this is just another statement that is not factual. I’m sure there will be a small proportion of affordable housing as there is in any new development but the builder isn’t going to be building 350 affordable houses as they will not get the return on there investment. Like you say they will want to make the most money possible. Look at the new development in Higher Kinerton they have 4 bed houses at late 300k and affordable houses as they do in Hope at Alyn Medows. Not saying they will be builder 300-400k houses on this particular development but it certainly won’t be all cheap housing. So I disagree that it will bring the house prices crashing down and people will struggle to get mortgages. But hey ho that’s my opinion…..

Marie
    Participant

”You will find the builder will build cheap homes in volume, to extract every last piece of land, “welcome wales and west”

Just to disagree for a moment, whilst I do not agree that the said field should be developed, I do not think it will be constructive to misrepresent affordable house builders / housing associations who generally build to a much higher standard (code for sustainable homes / space standard requirements) than many private house builders.

Fred
    Participant

@Llayfaithful 16549 wrote:

One request- this is just another statement that is not factual. I’m sure there will be a small proportion of affordable housing as there is in any new development but the builder isn’t going to be building 350 affordable houses as they will not get the return on there investment. Like you say they will want to make the most money possible. Look at the new development in Higher Kinerton they have 4 bed houses at late 300k and affordable houses as they do in Hope at Alyn Medows. Not saying they will be builder 300-400k houses on this particular development but it certainly won’t be all cheap housing. So I disagree that it will bring the house prices crashing down and people will struggle to get mortgages. But hey ho that’s my opinion…..

So you are back to supposedly referring to only facts again, you still have omitted to mention the “pub” in Llay that you were supporting. I very much doubt that you are from our village and just a pest.

Everyone who is in concern of this development, please feel free to raise your voice, something you mention could be valuable and we are researching everything.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Sorry Fred I forgot to report back to you. Would the crown not be classed as a pub to you??? Also I call going to the legion or welfare the pub if that’s ok with you. A pest against people who make up things with no evidence behind them……

onequest
    Participant

Thank you Llayhopefull for your synopsis…. ?

Chris
    Participant

Fred my concern with some of the emotive statements that are at best opinions is that it will devalue the arguments against this development. Some key factual pounts will become lost.
    The developer will choose to answer the majority of weak concerns and skirt the difficult facts.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Chris 16575 wrote:

Fred my concern with some of the emotive statements that are at best opinions is that it will devalue the arguments against this development. Some key factual pounts will become lost.
    The developer will choose to answer the majority of weak concerns and skirt the difficult facts.

Out of interest, what are the ‘key factual points’ that you would use as arguments against this development going ahead ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News