Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

dagg
    Participant

@zinger 16010 wrote:

350 houses is a huge amount of houses in one village. I would be against it too. They overwhelmed Brymbo.

A lot of them house’s in Brymbo are now up for sale. It looks like nobody wants
    to live there anymore.

Saxon1
    Participant

Hello all
    Yes its definately not council owned land. It is owned by the Farm along Gresford Road and we have always thought it green belt agricultural land and so everybody is in total shock that such a development might get planning permission.
    In Wrexham there is most definitely a glut of houses especially in Brymbo and Gwersyllt areas so cannot see why 360 more houses are needed.

Llay is already a big town and this development in itself is almost like a new town but with no infrastructure, such as doctors surgery or school.
    Gresford Road has always been a pleasant area for all the villagers of LLay with a semi rural feel for a nice walk with the dog or bike ride with the kids, but the aspect will certainly change to a concrete jungle as suggested by Zinger and surely this is not a good thing for the community. The road is already a busy road, so with another 360 houses which would equate to at least 700 extra cars using the road (2 cars per household which is the norm these days) it just is going to be a nightmare especially at peak times.

So lets hope it never gets passed for all concerned.

zinger
    Participant

I note that the Nant y Gaer development has been put on hold.

Saxon1
    Participant

Yes I wonder why that is !! Bigger fields to fill instead. It seems now Gresford Road Fields are the target, but on private land instead.
    The re-invented caravan park across the road from the new proposed development are not going to be happy as their lodges were sold as with “beautiful open countryside views” I hope they will also be joining in with expressing their views.

zinger
    Participant

Are the good folks of Llay queueing up to buy these houses or are they needed for commuters?

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 16083 wrote:

Are the good folks of Llay queueing up to buy these houses or are they needed for commuters?

I would say the majority will be for commuters, it’s an ideal location with good access to the A483 but also close to Mold, Queensferry and even further up the A55.

By the way, Saxon1, do you know if there are any meetings planned for residents to discuss this, similar to the one in the Miners Welfare when the festival was due to take place a couple of years back ?

Saxon1
    Participant

Hi all
    Yes there is going to be a Public Meeting on 6th November I think between 4.00pm – 7.00pm. There will be leaflets being put through doors shortly I believe. Think its at the Miners Institute. I will keep it posted as soon as I know more.

Saxon1
    Participant

Also Zinger I think its apparently going to be Flats, affordable homes and Housing Association homes. So a big mix of different types of housing which will include some social housing so hard to know who would be buying/renting there.

dagg
    Participant

Affordable home’s, for who. They are still building house’s on Gatewen Village and some have gone up for sale already, people moving out.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Are they going to be low end houses or more expensive to cater for the Chester overflow workforce who cant afford City prices. Sounds like to could become a dormitory development with everyone going north to work in Chester or Liverpool.
    The new A483/A55 would (should) enable people to get through the bottleneck in the mornings and evening. I am neither for or against this type of development just hope decision makers take everything into account and Llay get a decent slice of Section 106 funding

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News