Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Llayfaithful
    Participant

So you have seen the accounts of the local businesses to state they are thriving? What about my point with the farming economy. I agree with you completely about the Gp and Schools and I would think the developers and council would be in discussion about those matters. With GPs taking care of there own budgets in sure they would welcome the new patients and also with the governments initiative you are able to see a gp near your place of work so people at choose to do so.

Saxon1
    Participant

I don’t know anything about GP appointments near your place of work, but this would not be helpful to most people, and is not a live option anyway as far as I know. We have all the local GP’s, Schools input and both have informed the developers that they are at full capacity. So major infrastructure changes would need to happen well before any development could go ahead. Not after as has happened in other large scale developments locally, or never at all.

The farming economy is in an excellent position to diversify if having cattle is not a viable option, surely food,crop growth is sustainable. Population growth etc. But it all depends on whether farmers have a passion for farming and if they haven’t then nothing will defer them from making easy money selling off the land to the highest bidder. The farmer in question has done it before and so this tells you how passionate about farming he is, and has tried getting planning permission before on other land.

As for the local business thriving, I have lived in Llay for 30 years and so if they are all still around I think that is a good indicator, don’t you.

But we are going over the same old ground and so we will have to agree to differ.

Saxon1
    Participant

So for now Saxon 1 is blogging off as the intention of my first blog was to get the information out into the public domain. This has been extremely successful and looking at the number of hits on the forum, no doubt will continue to be an emotive subject. Only second to the Car Park Prices at Eagles Meadow, but I hope somebody else will fight that one !!

But now I feel that the information is out there, there seems to be no reason to carry on blogging the same information over and over again. Our objectives are clear and I think we have managed to get them across in a democratic manner and hope that our continued objections will eventually win out. We will fight with a passion for the people living in Llay for a fair outcome.

The Action group will post on the blog any important developments regarding the development, planned meetings etc to keep everybody up to date.

Remember you can sign the Petition in Mrs Lee’s shop in Llay from Monday.

“We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills ; we shall never surrender”

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Saxon I agree on eagles medow rip off maybe they could build a out of town development in Llay instead of paying for parking in Wrexham!!! Houses seem a better option to me. Cheers

Fred
    Participant

@Llayfaithful 16416 wrote:

Hi, Saxon apologies for your anticipation I was busy working of which is out of the Llay area just to back up my point that people do now commute to work and I thought driving whilst accessing the internet was as daft as some of the excuses made for this development. I’m off down to support my local pub for a pint now that is one of the many beneficiaries of the new development as the local shops, window cleaner, cleaners, gardeners, car garages, dry cleaners, garden centres, chippy… And many more. I’m sure there are also lots of local contractors who would appreciate the work not only on the construction but the on going maintenace. Did anyone find the proof of the land sinking or anthrax. Anyways I’m off to have a pint….. Cheers

Are you really sure that you are from Llay? Didn’t know we had any pubs?

Marie
    Participant

I don’t live in Llay but I know the village well. I have given some thought to these proposals and the comments I have read on here.

I think it unfair to call the people voicing their concerns ‘Nimbys’. I don’t think there was a great deal of objection in the village in relation to the Birch / Acacia / Drill Hall Court housing developments. In my view, people have genuine concerns about the scale and location of the proposed development which appears to be taking advantage of the fact that Wrexham has no LDP in place, and that the planners must give ‘considerable weight’ to applications in such eventualities (we know the UDP is outdated and so limited weight is attached to it). The character of the village requires protection and we should learn lessons from the Brymbo planning shambles (noting that Brymbo was somewhat a different case in point being a Brownfield site).

Having regard to the previous UDP, I don’t think permission would have stood a chance – it appears to contravene policies PS1-4. I have little faith that this will now be enough to prevent development (after all in my mind the Rhosrobin development contravenes PS1-3 and was recommended by the planners). The only difference here is that Public transport is much more sporadic in this area of the village.

Houses are needed in the village, however I’m sure there are enough brownfield / infill sites (that aren’t in use as public open space as in the case of Haywards field) to satisfy demand. If the settlement boundary requires expansion, any one looking a plan of the village would see a clear, obvious location for a much more sensitive, sustainable scale of development.

In addition, I would be very surprised if this land was grade 3B. I cannot find any agricultural classification maps on line that designate Wrexham into 3a / 3b categories so I would be interested to know where the architect found this info.

Ultimately, if development on this side of the B road is allowed, development may well continue to the East and West of the straight mile, effectively creating a new urban village larger in itself than the existing one. If the developers are allowed to begin this process, then at least let them provide the necessary S106 contributions for the major road improvements, new school and surgery, transport facilities, recreation facilities and affordable housing provision that will be required by way of a substantial bond.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Don’t be fooled with the promise of a new school- look at the similar development that was going to be build on the southern side of Ruabon- a school was initially included but has now been withdrawn- it appears not by the developer but the Council as they could not afford to fund the running of what would have been quite a small school.
    If this becomes part of the package then you need to be asking the developers and the Council where will all the revenue cost come from as the capita fee per child would be insufficient-

Adam
    Participant

@Saxon1 16445 wrote:

“We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills ; we shall never surrender”

How thoroughly inappropriate, today of all days.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Totally agree with your sentiment Adam. Despite the 40+ posts made by the writer, to me, any credibility or sympathy that he managed to elicit has been totally destroyed by such a crass and offensive sentence.
    An apology or retraction is certainly called for.

Captain C
    Participant

I’m sure it was posted tongue in cheek and not meant to cause offence to any one. We all lost relations in the Great Wars and I’m sure observed the minutes silence at 11.00am today.
    If you are going to jump on that to state your case then you too will lose credibility in this matter. It was just an off the cuff statement that highlighted how serious we are all taking this matter and I must admit I chuckled when I read it and I lost quite a few relations in both the first and second wars.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News