Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

Please everybody who is against this massive development come down to llay british legion to voice your concerns and sign the petition.
    Between 4.00 and 7.00pm tonight.

Fred
    Participant

Something to add to this discussion. Llay school has 298 children, full capacity is 315.
    367 houses with the average 0.4 children per new home, would result in 147 children requiring an education, just a few, over the 17 spaces, leaving 130 children requiring education.
    With this in mind, from the school applications process, these children would be closer, door to door, than Llay streets such as Pentre Street, Vale View, St David’s crescent and Mayville Avenue, this is due to the foot path through the woods being now adopted by Wrexham council.
    So, my very big concern is what then happens to the children that can’t apply, do they walk up the Griffin Hill to Gresford school every day? You cannot get a bus as there is no bus route to Gresford from Llay.
    I feel that this exculsion of existing Llay families would be extremely immoral and school application process is stresssful enough. Does anyone know if this is ok to do this?

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Fred 16349 wrote:

Something to add to this discussion. Llay school has 298 children, full capacity is 315.
    367 houses with the average 0.4 children per new home, would result in 147 children requiring an education, just a few, over the 17 spaces, leaving 130 children requiring education.
    With this in mind, from the school applications process, these children would be closer, door to door, than Llay streets such as Pentre Street, Vale View, St David’s crescent and Mayville Avenue, this is due to the foot path through the woods being now adopted by Wrexham council.
    So, my very big concern is what then happens to the children that can’t apply, do they walk up the Griffin Hill to Gresford school every day? You cannot get a bus as there is no bus route to Gresford from Llay.
    I feel that this exculsion of existing Llay families would be extremely immoral and school application process is stresssful enough. Does anyone know if this is ok to do this?

I think you will find Gresford School is full as well.

Fred
    Participant

I’ve just checked, Gresford school has 303 out of 315 children. So only 118 children would go without an education. Does planning applications have anything to do with this?
    This point is ignoring the fact that the High schools that these homes would feed into wouldnt be full too. Require transport too. Although Castell Alun is in Flintshire, so Wrexham Council can ignore that small issue.

Saxon1
    Participant

Im really glad that you have this information as this has been a big point that really needs to be challenged as well as space at the local doctors surgery.

Existing people living in Llay have to have a voice as nobody wants to be in a position of fighting for school places, or doctors appointments, its just totally unfair.

CVA01
    Participant

The Council’s plan and Welsh government planning policies can be found online so there is no excuse for not knowing if somewhere is green belt or not.

Saxon1
    Participant

Fantastic turn out at the meeting tonight. Full house from 4.00pm.
    Hugh support from all the Llay residents and we would like to thank everybody for coming along to show support.
    Keep watching the blog for further developments.

Pinky02
    Participant

It was a good turn out tonight. Not one person thought this development was a good idea.

Can anyone tell me what ‘amenities and facilities would be strengthened by an increase in the local population’?

The one thing that did worry me was the notice stating that the land proposed for development is mostly Grade 3b agricultural land. I know policy
    PS2 states agricultural land grades 1,2 or 3a should not be lost so I am wondering if this is a way around this particular issue? Is there any way to get this grade checked?

Born Acorn
    Participant

A better question is to ask “why it is grade 3b?”.

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/landmanage/land-use/documents/alc-guidelines-1988.pdf

If it’s due to flooding… that’s not great for houses either…

Saxon1
    Participant

Just a few facts to note to dispel the fact that there is a desperate shortage of housing in the Wrexham area as declared.

Stats taken from Right Move this morning:

880 + houses currently for sale within Wrexham and 3 miles out of Wrexham. For cut off considerations we put Under £200,00, so these figures do not include any houses over £200,00 and is only estate agents on Right Move, and does not include large developments going on in the area where large numbers of houses are for sale but are not on Right Move.

But you can look on Right Move to put variants on the price brackets, we just used up to £200,00 for our research.

Interesting !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News