Planning Meeting Webcast

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning Meeting Webcast

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

Yes I think we need to read up on all these issues so that we are armed with the detail.
    I have emailed Lesley Griffith and Ian Lucas to ask for their opinion on the proposed site, so I’m hoping that they might be able to clarify certain things.

Thanks for all the information.

Pinky02
    Participant

@Saxon1 16293 wrote:

Yes I think we need to read up on all these issues so that we are armed with the detail.
    I have emailed Lesley Griffith and Ian Lucas to ask for their opinion on the proposed site, so I’m hoping that they might be able to clarify certain things.

Thanks for all the information.

The Save Hayward’s field group contacted Ian Lucas, who quite frankly didn’t want to know. He wasn’t interested that over 2,100 residents of the village did not want to lose this green open space. Lesley Griffiths on the other hand was extremely helpful and asked questions on our behalf that were being ignored by the officers in Wrexham Council’s housing department.

Saxon1
    Participant

It seems we are in for a fight and need the best people on board.
    I have now contacted the Welsh Conservatives as well, so fingers crossed.
    Out of interest the 2100 residents, are they the people who signed your petition ?

Born Acorn
    Participant
    99DylanJones;16271 wrote:
    Just seen on the Twitter feed that Councillors have rejected the Rhosrobin housing development. This seems bizarre as the story on this site earlier in the day seemed to assume it would be supported.
    Is there something else going on with Council Members appearing to have a negative vote against the recommendations of Officers — surely this is starting to appear like a Vote of No Confidence in the Planning Officer and Planning Department if the advice of professionals is not taken up.

It doesn’t always seem like it from some of their recommendations, but the planning department and officers are the professionals; civil servants. It is the elected councillors that refused permission, against their recommendation.

It is why when on appeal to the inspectorate in Cardiff or London, they often grant permisssion. It happened with the shop in the Gresford Red Lion car park quite recently.

Pinky02
    Participant

Yes Saxon1. The petition was signed by 2,188 residents ( a few were people who have ties in Llay and visit regularly, but definitely over 2,00 Llay residents). When we contacted Ian Lucas to ask for his support he told us that planning was a devolved issue and therefore he couldn’t get involved.
    Oh well there is an election coming up, and I know who I won’t be voting for!

Pinky02
    Participant

Sorry it should have read over 2,000 Llay residents!

Saxon1
    Participant

Ah thats great thanks for the information.
    It all helps. Maybe see you on Thursday.
    Cheers

JRW
    Participant

@Pinky02 16303 wrote:

Yes Saxon1. The petition was signed by 2,188 residents ( a few were people who have ties in Llay and visit regularly, but definitely over 2,00 Llay residents). When we contacted Ian Lucas to ask for his support he told us that planning was a devolved issue and therefore he couldn’t get involved.
    Oh well there is an election coming up, and I know who I won’t be voting for!

Reason he told you it was a devolved issue is that they would have told him in no uncertain terms to “butt out”!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Why then is it ok for him to comment on the planning issues around the Prison development– is this nit devolved!

Pinky02
    Participant

He was also very vocal when Wrexham Council tried for planning permission on green land at Acton, Rhosnesni and Bradley in 2010!

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – War of words over green belt plan bids in Wrexham

Maybe he ‘forgot’ planning was a devolved issue then? Or maybe there are other reasons?

Either way he obviously doesn’t care enough about Llay to voice the concerns of residents.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News