Planning Committee & Decision Making

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning Committee & Decision Making

• Author

NewRisingSun
    Participant

@Adam 4659 wrote:

What’s your concern with people moving here whilst commuting elsewhere? I live in Wrexham but commute outside to work. Should I move?

I apologise if I offended you or any other commuters, but that was not my intention. What I am trying to point out is the active encouragement of migration of people to the Wrexham area. Natural migration is a good think and creates the diverse mix of people we have in Wrexham. However, in Wrexham I am concerned at the current over-development, the effects of which we can already see with traffic and pressure on services like hospitals. We do not have the infrastructure to support the housing targets being set down by the Welsh government. The active seeking of people to move from other places can only put these services under greater pressure

I am also concerned that Wrexham is forced to do this because of a lack of will to build the necessary housing in Cheshire etc so people do not have to commute. Surely not commuting is better for health and the environment. The current plans are not sustainable, a buzzword which the government uses a lot in its planning policy Wales document, but does not follow. Similarly, they are actively seeking to bring in skilled people. You can either see this as a good thing to encourage more businesses to come here or it prevents the local workforce in some very deprived areas (which have received European funding) from being able to access these jobs and therefore be lifted out of a circle of poverty.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;4602 wrote:
    Website … ? What website

third gentle reminder: You made this statement saying….

wxm;4399 wrote:
    If the system is working like this, why don’t councillors run forums or blogs every week online (unmoderated) to talk through these issues?

If the chair of the planning committee can do it, why can’t every ward member do it personally, and the chair of every other committee. If we new they were online every Thursday or Friday or Sunday, that is a way we could all contribute.

You havent yet provided a URL where the chair of the planning committee, Michael Morris has done it.

I can’t find it. You shouldn’t make sweeping claims, unless you are able to back them up.

wxm
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 4691 wrote:

third gentle reminder: You made this statement saying….

You havent yet provided a URL where the chair of the planning committee, Michael Morris has done it.

Apologies, I was proposing that the Chair of the planning committee should do this; and if that person could, then all the other committee chairs should. My error, please re-read my poor grammer and context.

Adam
    Participant

@NewRisingSun 4676 wrote:

I apologise if I offended you or any other commuters, but that was not my intention. What I am trying to point out is the active encouragement of migration of people to the Wrexham area. Natural migration is a good think and creates the diverse mix of people we have in Wrexham. However, in Wrexham I am concerned at the current over-development, the effects of which we can already see with traffic and pressure on services like hospitals. We do not have the infrastructure to support the housing targets being set down by the Welsh government. The active seeking of people to move from other places can only put these services under greater pressure

I am also concerned that Wrexham is forced to do this because of a lack of will to build the necessary housing in Cheshire etc so people do not have to commute. Surely not commuting is better for health and the environment. The current plans are not sustainable, a buzzword which the government uses a lot in its planning policy Wales document, but does not follow. Similarly, they are actively seeking to bring in skilled people. You can either see this as a good thing to encourage more businesses to come here or it prevents the local workforce in some very deprived areas (which have received European funding) from being able to access these jobs and therefore be lifted out of a circle of poverty.

No offence taken at all. “Commuter” town is often waved around as a doom laden prophecy (quite often by Plaid) which is a little silly considering how many of us natives commute 10, 15, 20 miles every day.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News