Planning appeal launched after Gresford housing proposals thrown out for3rd Time

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning appeal launched after Gresford housing proposals thrown out for3rd Time

• Author

Huw
    Participant

I agree Captain C. Plenty of issues around Borras and Little Acton that don’t get dealt with, just ignored. AA seems to get his sorted out, good on him! Could do with him in Acton & Borras.

JaneJ
    Participant

Is AA being slagged off for his political affiliation or him as a person. Having met him on a numnber of occasions I can say he comes over as being a really nice guy trying to do his best for his electorate. I do however feel he could do a geat deal more as a Lead Council Member for Poverty and Young People as no sign of any chnages in poverty levels or posistiuve action for the YP of Wrexham

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=173075]I agree Captain C. Plenty of issues around Borras and Little Acton that don’t get dealt with, just ignored. AA seems to get his sorted out, good on him! Could do with him in Acton & Borras.[/quote]

I know, why don’t you clone him? I can see it now local elections 2022 – an Andrew for every area.

Former councillors Pritchard and Bithell and everyone else in shock defeats as Clr Atkinson clones sweep the board in every single ward. Newly appointed Council Leader Atkinson expected to name his dream team Executive Board later this week with Atkinson & Atkinson all hotly tipped for the top jobs in charge of Environment and the Economy.

Mayor Atkinson to be sworn in next week.

Councillor X
    Participant

If you clone him then there is a chance he will actually do something as Lead Council Member for Poverty and Young People …

TimRegency
    Participant

Isn’t AA just doing what we would expect from a good local politician? Taking up the concerns of the constituents who elected him? Even as a strong Labour/Jeremy Corbyn supporter, I would have thought it would be pretty ridiculous to expect AA to do anything else. Also:

– Hasn’t Gresford already had considerable housing development in their back yard, namely the pavilion development and at Old Wrexham Road?
    – Isn’t the proposed development area green belt? Brownfield sites ought to be used first.
    – The local doctors have already said they are overwhelmed; the planners haven’t addressed this.
    – The road is narrow and there is some sort of business that uses lorries. Traffic flow will be difficult, especially at peak times.

Have I missed anything out? It’s not surprising that the plan was rejected on the merits.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News