Planning appeal launched after Gresford housing proposals thrown out for3rd Time

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning appeal launched after Gresford housing proposals thrown out for3rd Time

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Why do builders bother with Gresford? Don’t they know that all planning in the area has to abide by ANDREW’S LAW – Not in My Backyard!
    Don’t forget he has already stopped 44 homes being built on land off Vicarage Lane.

Next the Traveller site will end up in Brymbo because Andrew lives in Llay and he won’t want that in his back yard.

Matt
    Participant

The Sheriff

WreX-iT
    Participant

zinger
    Participant

Have you ever used the Old Wrexham Road or for that matter Vicarage Road in Gresford? And no, I don’t live in either Gresford or Llay so they aren’t in my back yard.

You would think if planning has been turned down on 3 occasions that someone would get the message.

If Andrew Atkinson has as much influence as you suggest, I wish that he was my Councillor.

WreX-iT
    Participant

People would not invest time and money making plans if they thought they would get chucked out so they must believe they can get permission. Plus they keep appealing so there must be something in it.

Andrew just wants a statue of himself up in the village. He is a self serving NIMBY but yes I would like a self serving councillor in my area if his self serving matched the view of the people. Also if I lived in Brymbo I would start getting ready for the Traveller site. Andrew wont have it in his backyard.

What the planners need to do is get in bed with the Planning Manager Lawrence Isted who wants to give everyone permission to build wherever they bloody well like. I would like to see Andrew and Lawrence go head to head.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=155220]TBH it does get a bit repetitive. No matter what his political persuasion.
    I wish that my councillor cared enough to make sure that undesirables left his constituency. Only see him at election time.[/quote]

You got a crush on our Andy Zinger?

JP
    Participant

Considering how hated AA is, you should remember that he was elected in one of the most contested seats in the Borough.
    There are at least two on the council (at least one on executive board), who were elected “No Contest”

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=173059]Considering how hated AA is, you should remember that he was elected in one of the most contested seats in the Borough.
    There are at least two on the council (at least one on executive board), who were elected “No Contest”[/quote]

AA gets voted I by the posh brigade.
    They need to build a load of Council houses there and see how many votes he gets. But he would just block the plans.

Matt
    Participant

Meanwhile Big Donny Sturgeon Head Honcho of the Wrexham Tories is rattling his oversized coin box to raise coffers to get the Anti-Andrew – Sarah Atherton – ahead of the somewhat sooner than later expected General Election?

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-elect-sarah-atherton

Captain C
    Participant

If you had ever met Andrew Atkinson and followed how much hard work he puts in then you would want him in your community. People should stop slagging him off and look at what he does NOT what you think he does not do.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News