Plaid Menefesto

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plaid Menefesto

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Not proof exactly but an article refering to her comment. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/leads-one-wales-biggest-parties-2045194

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130008]QUOTE[/quote]

Trigger. You are either new to the forum or have been a silent user for a while. No problem with either, but I wonder why you have made only 2 posts and both on the same topic.

You quote “FACTS” but what are your thoughts if any on the situation of the Fire Appliance at Wrexham? Do you have an agenda? Are you standing as a council candidate, if so, is there a Plaid candidate on your ward? I think the forum is an opportunity for debate rather than a place for anonymous people to make personal attacks. I think people may respect your views if you have the nerve to use your real name.

Go on, tell us what you think about things. Give us a chance to interact.

james52
    Participant

Very vociferous of late aren’t you Mike, anyone would think there was an election in the offing!!!
    With regards to the second appliance at Wrexham, being as you have raised the subject, count youself very lucky that is has not been removed from service a long time ago. It would be very difficult to justify its’ retention based on the number of calls attended by Wrexham Fire Station annually and the risk categorisation of Wrexham’s catchment area.

The only concern I have, is the likely reduction of jobs (by natural wastage I would assume) other than that, I would not sleep any less soundly than I do now.
    What has been conveniently omitted from the argument however, is that Wrexham is also provided with another appliance crewed by a retained crew.

The alternative proposed was the closure of I think, 8 or 9 retained stations. Where is the justification or consideration for those areas that would be totally devoid of fire cover?

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130055]Very vociferous of late aren’t you Mike, anyone would think there was an election in the offing!!!
    With regards to the second appliance at Wrexham, being as you have raised the subject, count youself very lucky that is has not been removed from service a long time ago. It would be very difficult to justify its’ retention based on the number of calls attended by Wrexham Fire Station annually and the risk categorisation of Wrexham’s catchment area.

The only concern I have, is the likely reduction of jobs (by natural wastage I would assume) other than that, I would not sleep any less soundly than I do now.
    What has been conveniently omitted from the argument however, is that Wrexham is also provided with another appliance crewed by a retained crew.

The alternative proposed was the closure of I think, 8 or 9 retained stations. Where is the justification or consideration for those areas that would be totally devoid of fire cover?

[/quote]

James52. (Another new poster hiding behind a pseudonym.) “Vociferous” you say. According to my dictionary some synonyms are: forthright, plain-spoken, frank, candid, open etc. I don’t have a problem with that. I am open, I don’t hide ;-)

By the way I have made about 7 posts in 10 days covering such topics as health and safety, legal highs and pointing out anonymous posters making negative comments about named people.

I would assume most people are aware there is an election in the offing, so that was a rather silly and childish statement, don’t you think?

Regarding the second appliances at Wrexham, Nope, I didn’t raise that subject, I believe you just did. I suggest you re-read the topic from the beginning.

I have also made no comment about the number of calls attended or the availability of a retained crew or possible alternative cost savings. I wonder why you jumped in to bring all these things up. I merely questioned trigger’s motives. Would you care to actually comment on my reply to him/her? Or are you another new poster with an agenda?

Regards
    Mike

james52
    Participant

Mike, you asked Trigger to give his thoughts on the situation regarding the fire appliance at Wrexham.
    As this is a public forum, and Trigger has not yet responded, I found it to be appropriate to voice my thoughts on the situation.

You state that Marc Jones is endorsed by the FBU (and by extension you, having been/are a member and held positions within that Union), irrespective that the campaign he fronted was based on half truths, omissions and disregard of fact to justify a political initiative.
    The points I made above are extremely valid and put the proposal submitted to the Fire Authority in a totally different light.

Although I would never vote for a Plaid candidate (or an Independant come to that)I congratulate the Plaid representative on the F.Auth. for taking a pragmatic approach rather than one based on political and emotional reactions.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130057]Mike, you asked Trigger to give his thoughts on the situation regarding the fire appliance at Wrexham.
    As this is a public forum, and Trigger has not yet responded, I found it to be appropriate to voice my thoughts on the situation.

You state that Marc Jones is endorsed by the FBU (and by extension you, having been/are a member and held positions within that Union), irrespective that the campaign he fronted was based on half truths, omissions and disregard of fact to justify a political initiative.
    The points I made above are extremely valid and put the proposal submitted to the Fire Authority in a totally different light.

Although I would never vote for a Plaid candidate (or an Independant come to that)I congratulate the Plaid representative on the F.Auth. for taking a pragmatic approach rather than one based on political and emotional reactions.

[/quote]
    James, I addressed my comments to trigger whoever he/she is. I am sure they are big enough to formulate their own reply. I find it strange that 2 new anonymous members join on the same day and choose to post their first comments on the same topic in support of each other. Coincidently only a few weeks before council elections.

I am flattered that you have obviously done some research on my background. That information could not be gleaned from my previous posts unless you put a lot of work into it.

I am happy to post under my real name and not hide under a pseudonym. Maybe you would care to discuss things with me openly. You could contact me personally if you wish to keep your privacy.

I find it strange that you choose to come onto this forum and start making comments such as you have, you have obviously some background information on the workings of the fire service. Why not be open and say who you are and what is your agenda. that way you will have more credibility.

Incidentally, there are councillors of all parties on the Fire Authority who were in favour of making cuts to Wrexham. There are also Wrexham councillors of various parties who initially abstained and then decided to support local opinion. That is the duty of members, to discuss issues and make decisions. Strange how you pick on only one party. Perhaps you can explain that?

I note that you say you could never vote for Independent or Plaid candidates. Who could you vote for? Labour, Conservative, Lib dems? Please enlighten us.

Regards
    Mike

james52
    Participant

It wasn’t difficult to ascertain your pedigree Mike, just by reading you mini biography on your statement in support of your candidacy for the forthcoming elections.
    That is the only salient point you make in your post, the rest does not merit further elucidation on my part.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130067]It wasn’t difficult to ascertain your pedigree Mike, just by reading you mini biography on your statement in support of your candidacy for the forthcoming elections.
    That is the only salient point you make in your post, the rest does not merit further elucidation on my part.

[/quote]

James. I find it rather amusing that you joined this forum just to comment on my post and ask questions. When I challenge you on the matter and ask YOU for answers, you choose to run away.

If you join a forum just before an election and make negative comments about various parties standing, without replying when asked about your own party. You force people to draw their own conclusions.

Well done James. Voters have more intelligence than you credit them with.

Regards
    Mike

Interested
    Participant

Good way to engage Mike……start a bun fight. It’s the nature of social media and the Internet, people can post whatever and under whichever name they want to. Does it mean we all have a hidden agenda? Some may….others post because they are passionate and like to put across their views.

I think you need to grow a thicker skin if politics is your game.

Interested
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying for me….the FBU is supporting a candidate from a political party that pushed for the cut. I think that is really generous and should be applauded.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News