Pets

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

Is there anywhere local where we can get a kitten from? I am aware of Cats Protection but what about anywhere else? Wrexham seems to be very lacking in anywhere to purchase pets.

Mike Davies
    Participant

I would suggest you do go to the cats protection. There are many cats needing homes and they do excellent work there.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Mike Davies 1319 wrote:

I would suggest you do go to the cats protection. There are many cats needing homes and they do excellent work there.

They do wonderful work there, agreed. Trouble is, they’re cats and we’re looking for a kitten. I did have a look on there if they had anything young but they’re either outdoor cats or not suitable around children

Mike Davies
    Participant

They do occasionally have kittens, maybe they can keep your details on file and let you know.

Do you really need to have kittens though? They will only be kittens for a short while :-)

We had a couple of youngish cats from there about 5 years ago. They have been the best behaved cats we have ever had.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Mike Davies 1324 wrote:

They do occasionally have kittens, maybe they can keep your details on file and let you know.

Do you really need to have kittens though? They will only be kittens for a short while :-)

We had a couple of youngish cats from there about 5 years ago. They have been the best behaved cats we have ever had.

I don’t mind a young cat, but ideally something young enough to play. My 4 year old doesn’t want to play with a cat that glares at him lol

KKOB
    Participant

Have you tried the North Clwyd Animal Recue (NCAR) centre at Trelogan near Holywell ?

Their website is at North Clwyd Animal Rescue (NCAR) | North Wales

They’ve got a display vehicle parked at Pets At Home in Wrexham today.

ScooterSharon
    Participant

There is also Capricorn Animal Rescue – we had a lovely cat from them that was about a year old and very loving. She is also playful and they often have cats or kittens that need re-homing along with other animals.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@ScooterSharon 1332 wrote:

There is also Capricorn Animal Rescue – we had a lovely cat from them that was about a year old and very loving. She is also playful and they often have cats or kittens that need re-homing along with other animals.

Capricorn is in Mold right? Bit hard to get to when you don’t drive unfortunately. It’s a shame that all we have in Wrexham is Cats Protection.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Actually I’ve just been on the Capricorn site. We are looking at the end of August so we don’t have to worry about catteries when we just get the animal (ie, after our holiday lol). I wonder.. if I talk nicely to my daddy and beg lots….. lol

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News