Petition to strip Councillor Malcolm King of OBE

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Petition to strip Councillor Malcolm King of OBE

• Author

NJones
    Participant

Quote:

‘In the light of the Tuesday February 11th 2014 vote to close Plas Madoc Leisure Centre by the WCBC’s Executive Board, we the undersigned request that the Honours Forfeiture Committee should make a recommendation to the Prime Minister that Malcolm King, Wynnstay ward councillor for Wrexham County Borough Council be stripped of his OBE for his role in the closure of Plas Madoc Leisure Centre.

Malcolm King was awarded an OBE for services to Young People. However, he has gone contradicted this by voting to close the Plas Madoc Leisure Centre in one of most deprived areas of Wales, never mind Wrexham. With very few places now for young people to go, it is more likely that many more may now turn to crime.

Malcolm King is also going against helping local young people who are disabled as there will now be no swimming pools or sports centres within a reasonable travelling distance with adequate facilities for them to swim or play sport in.

And Mr King is also not helping the health of local young people where the level of obesity is one of the highest in the UK and Wales.

By voting in favour of closing Plas Madoc Lesiure Centre, Mr King has deliberately neglected the vunerable.

We believe that the councillor’s actions have brought the honours system into disrepute and the OBE should be removed as a matter of urgency.’

Sign the petition here.

Chris
    Participant

Signed and shared.
    Perhaps Wrexham.com could get a statement off him on this and the fact 90 % of those who have voted on here feel they are failing us

Iceman
    Participant

This is in very bad taste and a bit ridiculous. Malcolm King has done more for kids locally than most. Check your facts. Plas Madoc is losing thousands every year. Obesity levels have nothing to do with the leisure centre being open or not. Your arguments don’t make sense. Are you seriously suggesting that hoards of obese kids will be committing crime just because they don’t have a leisure centre on their doorstep and that it is all Malcolms fault? And exactly how many people make up the “90%”?

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Signed, but just a thought. wouldn’t it be better here on the government petitions site HM Government e-petitions

BenjaminM
    Participant

Even for NJones, this has reached a new low. Platitude after platitude. Do you REALLY expect that your proposal has any mileage? I have more chance of learning to plait urine!
    Malcolm King was only one of the Councillors who voted for closure…. what sanctions do you propose for the others?
    I fully endorse the comments made by Iceman and frankly, feel very strongly that you should retract your scurrilous comments forthwith and issue a timely apology.
    I am beginning to get the feeling that there is an underlying factor involved in all of this, that still has not quite reached the surface.
    And, as to the 90% who have responded to the low sample straw poll……..a meaningless and statistically unimportant unrepresentative figure.

NJones
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11647 wrote:

Even for NJones, this has reached a new low. Platitude after platitude. Do you REALLY expect that your proposal has any mileage? I have more chance of learning to plait urine!
    Malcolm King was only one of the Councillors who voted for closure…. what sanctions do you propose for the others?
    I fully endorse the comments made by Iceman and frankly, feel very strongly that you should retract your scurrilous comments forthwith and issue a timely apology.
    I am beginning to get the feeling that there is an underlying factor involved in all of this, that still has not quite reached the surface.
    And, as to the 90% who have responded to the low sample straw poll……..a meaningless and statistically unimportant unrepresentative figure.

Nothing to do with me, just a copy and paste of a petition I have signed. Don’t be so quick to judge people, and good luck playing with your urine.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11647 wrote:

…And, as to the 90% who have responded to the low sample straw poll……..a meaningless and statistically unimportant unrepresentative figure.

With around 4% of people who appeared to have viewed the poll bothering to vote I would agree that there’s very little to conclude from it.

Alunh
    Participant

I suspect that Councillors like Malcolm King now understand the sentiments of Ramsay Macdonald in the 1930’swho split the Labour party because Britain had no money and cuts had to be made. Whoever happens to be in power in Britain, Wales or Wrexham is over a barrel on this one at the moment.

I neither like the politics of Councillor King nor the Labour party but this petition is inappropriate and unfair

oldboy744
    Participant

@NJones 11649 wrote:

Nothing to do with me, just a copy and paste of a petition I have signed. Don’t be so quick to judge people, and good luck playing with your urine.

Mmmm…didn’t you paste it here? Regretting it already methinks!

Katia
    Participant

I support trying to keep facilities at Plas Madoc, whilst recognising it either needs a subsidy from the Council, or the WAG, or for some other solution.
    However I would most definitely not want to be associated with this petition as it is both rather crass and pointlessly spiteful.
    Malcolm King deserves his OBE.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News