Pest Control

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pest Control

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I have just read the item about pest control being axed, but not for council owned properties including council houses. Don’t council tenants pay the same council tax as home owners?
    Wrexham Council Axe Pest Control Service For Public | Wrexham.com

johnhoppy
    Participant

The council have always been reluctant to involve themselves in Pest Control on private properties, and when they do they have charged for their services. Does anyone know if council tenants pay for pest control?

locallad
    Participant

If wcbc are getting rid of pest control does this mean we have to put up with this lot begging in town.��

justjojo2011
    Participant

My parents house has always had an issue with mice, because of 2 residents close by with pidgeons. Each year, they have phoned the pest control who have come out and laid traps. The last time my mum phoned them (about 3 years ago now), the guy informed her that they were charging all residents for pest control.

If you own your own home, you would have been paying for this service anyway. SOmeone whinged about what their council tax was paying for, yet you don’t get pest control in your home for free.. your home is your problem.

What home owners seem to forget is that the council are the landlord of council tenants. It is their responsibility to ensure the properties are up to a certain standard. Now I don’t know whether this includes pests, but as stated, council tenants paid so what’s the big fuss? lol

michellecook
    Participant

@johnhoppy 20000 wrote:

The council have always been reluctant to involve themselves in Pest Control on private properties, and when they do they have charged for their services. Does anyone know if council tenants pay for pest control?

Just had a look on council website, rats and mice treatment is free for tenants but everything else is chargeable at a discounted rate Pest Control Services & Charges – WCBC

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News