Peppers Night Club

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Peppers Night Club

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

On viewing last evenings Planning Committee meeting on line,regarding Peppers Nightclub.The Council Planning Officer recommended approval of the scheme, and then went at some length to explain the concerns of Cllr Alun Jenkins.The area is run down and in urgent need of a tidy up.All Cllr Jenkins could come up with in my opinion were negative issues.It ended up with a site visit being required.What on earth will the site visit reveal,that Councillors will not already know about this site?I think Cllr Jenkins needs to move forward not backwards,in other words get a life.:confused:

BenjaminM
    Participant

Totally agree with the above post. That quarter of Wrexham is a total disgrace and does nothing other than to give a bad impression on one of the principal routes into Wrexham.
    A great opportunity to begin the process of regeneration at no cost other than to the developer. On top of that, the objections raised by Cllr. Jenkins, being kind, were are the very best, petty.
    Another example of Councillors wallowing in self importance, rather than listening to the opinion of a professional planner.
    Let’s see whether, after their little jolly, the illustrious planning committee come to their senses, grab the opportunity and give the development the green light.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I would not like to be a planning officer. They seem to consult various departments before making decisions, for that decision to be argued against with little or no evidence.

It is no wonder so many appeals are granted down South.

Simon
    Participant

It does look rough that area of town.
    Little did I know in the Eighties, dancing to Bob Marley at Peppers, that the venue would become a shrine to him when 900+ marijuana plants were discovered there a few years ago. Incredibly, more plants were found at other properties owned by the proprietor. What bad luck? Having places you own targeted by criminals? The perils of being a landlord. Bad luck.
    The area looks rough.

dagg
    Participant

Apparently they want 10 flats, a restaurant and takeaway and only 6 parking spaces for the flats.

jimbow
    Participant

@dagg 16882 wrote:

Apparently they want 10 flats, a restaurant and takeaway and only 6 parking spaces for the flats.

The plans were changed to no takeaway and I think six flats.

JaneJ
    Participant

This is yet another example were Council Members and Officers are not discussing issues before meetings. Surely issues of concern like these should be raised at the earliest occasion. Over the past few months it feels like Council Members are losing confidence in their own professionals in the Planning Department with delays and blocks on building projects that have been endorsed by Officers.

jimbow
    Participant

Cllr.Jenkins met with the Planning Officer earlier in the day and presumably his concerns would have been answered.Cllr.Jenkins is not on the Planning Committee,:confused::confused: and yet was still not satisfied with the explanations, and turned up to the meeting to have his say.He was pushing for a site visit,and this he got.It confuses me when one man not on the committee, can persuade the others to follow him.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News