People's Market to Close.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum People's Market to Close.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The Post Truth era has reached Wrexham. Despite repeated promises from Wrexham Council that the Arts Hub would be built around the traders in the People’s Market , they have now changed their minds and say it is not possible to do that, and the only option is for the Market is to close in January. From the beginning people have questioned the possibility of developing an Arts Hub and Market in the same building. More openness and honesty about the project from the beginning, might have prevented businesses facing the prospect of relocation with three weeks notice , just before Christmas. Will there ever be Market traders in the People’s Market again ?

Council Watcher
    Participant

As the Market traders are having to leave then this means the Council will have to pour more funding into the project as their budget plans included income from the Market Traders for the duration of the build

AquaMagic
    Participant

It’s disgusting what happening to all the market traders.

Do they honestly think that after this any of them will come back. I think not!

AquaMagic
    Participant

This is no longer just an issue about how much this white elephant of an arts center is going to cost us, it a matter of honesty.
    Do you think anybody is going to want to work with a council like this.

MP1953
    Participant

If there were to be a referendum for the PEOPLE (who actually live here) of Wrexham on whether they would want an Arts Hub in Wrexham at all, I wonder what the result would be mmmmmm !

jimbow
    Participant

I believe the Leader of the Council should use his gift and remove Lead Member Cllr Hugh Jones from his position on the way this has been handled..

AquaMagic
    Participant

I think they should put his head on the end of a stick!

AquaMagic
    Participant

He has just wrecked all these people livelihoods with the added insult of it being just before Christmas as well.

He should be ashamed of himself.

cmaj76
    Participant

[quote quote=123883]If there were to be a referendum for the PEOPLE (who actually live here) of Wrexham on whether they would want an Arts Hub in Wrexham at all, I wonder what the result would be mmmmmm !

[/quote]

I wouldn’t bank on it. We have regular elections where we can change the daft councillors but the sheeple of wrexham steadfastly vote for more of the same every time. Vote morons get morons.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=123912]

If there were to be a referendum for the PEOPLE (who actually live here) of Wrexham on whether they would want an Arts Hub in Wrexham at all, I wonder what the result would be mmmmmm !

I wouldn’t bank on it. We have regular elections where we can change the daft councillors but the sheeple of wrexham steadfastly vote for more of the same every time. Vote morons get morons.

[/quote]

With all due respect cmaj76 In plain English the arts hub/center is probably the last thing Wrexham needs or wants, it is only Wrexham Council that seems to think it is a benefit, and yes you are right in that we elect the Councillors but not the officers !!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News