People Living In Their Own 'Bubbles'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum People Living In Their Own 'Bubbles'

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

I love a good rant but there are people who post here who live in their own bubbles, separated from society and if i stated that the grass was green then they would swear blind it was blue.

I would bet my hat that the vast majority are not young ‘uns, more like grumpy old men and women who are always correct even when they are wrong.

Look at the term for “Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation” on wikipedia and it does apply to many of the old grumps here and is not just for the youngsters “a neologistic term used to characterize the millennial generation as being more prone to taking offence and having less psychological resilience than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.”

I have seen (almost) several decades of demise in Wrexham and as i am still mobile enough to get around, i see the mess that has been made of it by the Council and the sickening attitudes and damn right rudeness of many people. Did their parents not teach them basic manners, PLEASE and THANK YOU? People that wouldn’t give up a seat for a pensioner or pregnant lady even if it was on fire and then there are them that spit and unclog their noses in the street. I could go on but i won’t.

Trying stepping out of your bubbles or crawling from under your stones and just open your eyes, see how society is messed up beyond repair and grasp the fact that it will only get worse.

Matt
    Participant

Come on now stop this public flirtation with bubble – swap numbers or something ;)

The lads at Wetherspoons will be administering a ribbing at this rate.

Councillor X
    Participant

You and him can come for a pint of mild and we can discuss the important things in life like 14 pubs closing every week. We can reminisce over the Raglan and the Regent and the Cockle man.

Matt
    Participant

I must confess I had to do some Googling to find out what you were referring to – fascinating past Wrexham has.

Pubs these days seem dull in comparison.

Someone actually had a picture of the cockle man up on Twitter – so not sure if accurate:
    Cockle Man

Love this bit about the Raglan from Wrexham History.

The Raglan Arms had a certain reputation that’s for sure with some of the many regulars being referred to as ‘The Barmy Raglan Army’. In the early 1980’s it was reputed to have the best Jukebox of any of the Wrexham pubs of that time.

RAGLAN ARMS, Lambpit Street, Wrexham.

Then there’s an outstanding photo from the Regent Tavern of the bar and one of its landlords Griff Robinson
    Griff Robinson

REGENT TAVERN, Regent Street, Wrexham

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=163983]I must confess I had to do some Googling to find out what you were referring to – fascinating past Wrexham has.

Pubs these days seem dull in comparison.

Someone actually had a picture of the cockle man up on Twitter – so not sure if accurate:
    Cockle Man

Love this bit about the Raglan from Wrexham History.

The Raglan Arms had a certain reputation that’s for sure with some of the many regulars being referred to as ‘The Barmy Raglan Army’. In the early 1980’s it was reputed to have the best Jukebox of any of the Wrexham pubs of that time.

RAGLAN ARMS, Lambpit Street, Wrexham.

<iframe width=”500″ height=”279″ title=”“RAGLAN ARMS, Lambpit Street, Wrexham.” — Wrexham History” class=”wp-embedded-content” src=”https://www.wrexham-history.com/raglan-arms-lambpit-street-wrexham/embed/#?secret=EX8087dwVs&#8221; frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”EX8087dwVs” security=”restricted”></iframe>

Then there’s an outstanding photo from the Regent Tavern of the bar and one of its landlords Griff Robinson
    Griff Robinson

REGENT TAVERN, Regent Street, Wrexham

<iframe width=”500″ height=”450″ title=”“REGENT TAVERN, Regent Street, Wrexham” — Wrexham History” class=”wp-embedded-content” src=”https://www.wrexham-history.com/regent-tavern-regent-street-wrexham/embed/#?secret=lT2TmXVBhe&#8221; frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”lT2TmXVBhe” security=”restricted”></iframe>[/quote]

I remember them all.

MP1953
    Participant

Cockle man had an old ish BMW

billycoen
    Participant

Last time I saw the cockle man he was driving a forty footer round Industrial Estate.

MP1953
    Participant

Cockle man had an old ish BMW

When he was doing his rounds back in the day.

Sheefag
    Participant

I have distant memories of occasionally drinking in The Raglan as a student.
    Daytime clientele seemed mainly to consist of vicious old ladies, seated four to a table, necking those little bottles of Border Barley Wine.

Councillor X
    Participant

Border Brewery, as I live and (still) breath!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News