Pen-Y-Bryn

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pen-Y-Bryn

• Author

Mike
    Participant

Not sure there’s enough of a market for a PI, though I used to live in Exeter and they built one there by the train station which I wasn’t sure about – seems to be doing well. It went up in a couple of months tops!! So if something does happen it won’t take long from start to finish.

Liam
    Participant

Do we not already have a Premier Inn on the outskirts of town near Gresford, next door to the Beeches? Not a town centre one I know but seems to do ok.

Bugsy
    Participant

@Liam 82 wrote:

Do we not already have a Premier Inn on the outskirts of town near Gresford, next door to the Beeches? Not a town centre one I know but seems to do ok.

Yes, I used to be assistant manager there. I think it will be good for the town centre and Wrexham FC.

Bugsy
    Participant

wrexview
    Participant

Noticed this week that the bridal shop on Bridge Street has closed , a shame as next door is Free Spirit a brilliant shop for wedding flowers, favours, table decorations etc.

Rk11
    Participant

The wind hasn’t done much favours to the house with half a net roof.

wrexview
    Participant

Looks like I could have been mistaken, or a new shop has opened next door to Free Spirit. Anyone know? Good to see small businesses in that part of town.

Biltong
    Participant

They’ve just started building a huge Premier Inn and Travel Lodge in Liverpool and both have gone up in a shot. Quite scarey how quick actually!

wrexview
    Participant

The new shop on Bridge Street is called First Lady. Window display looks good, worth a visit!

Philip Osborne
    Participant

I can’t remember where I heard or read this, but I heard it somewhere that they were allowing Pen-Y-Bryn to lay waste until all the shops/buildings had been vacated and then they would regenerate the whole area. However, since then the bridal shop has opened and the buildings immediately around it seem to have been privately renovated rather than any council intervention, so that seems to give the lie to what I heard.

I hope the council have some plan in mind though, it’s a waste of a potentially prosperous area. It’s one of the main gateways into the town centre and could be made into a really attractive approach to the main shopping areas.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News