Pen-Y-Bryn

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pen-Y-Bryn

• Author

Rk11
    Participant

It’s shocking how badly this area is run-down. Buildings with no roofs, missing windows, boarded up buildings. Very few businesses operate in the area but the surrounding areas really don’t do any favours for the businesses. Something needs to change.

Rob
    Participant

I think there was Objective 1 funding back in the day from Brook St upwards but not sure how far up that was due to reach.

I would struggle to think of a row of shops/houses that are in a worse state in town?

Rk11
    Participant

Any idea what’s happening with the land which is opposite Peppers, next to the old Groove ? It’s been re-boarded after the wind took the old lot down. Huge bit of land there.

wrexview
    Participant

The Welsh Development Agency had it originally and I think there was planning for a hotel, shops below and flats above. Along came the recession and nothing has happened. Has it been sold since ?

Liam
    Participant

The Premier Inn was supposed to be one of the businesses moving in on that land, not sure whether its been sold but it’s certainly an eyesore.

Bugsy
    Participant

@Liam 21 wrote:

The Premier Inn was supposed to be one of the businesses moving in on that land, not sure whether its been sold but it’s certainly an eyesore.

I heard a bit of a story about the plot of land on the corner. I heard that the PI owns that land but not doing anything with it. Also I head where the old Esso garage the PI could be building a 60 room hotel. You heard it here first. ;)

Rob
    Participant

Which corner is that?

Bugsy
    Participant

@Rob 31 wrote:

Which corner is that?

Across from Voodoo Moon.

wrexview
    Participant

I don’t think anyone would be prepared to build a new hotel in Wrexham in the present climate. Does anyone know what is happening to The Wynnstay?

Bugsy
    Participant

@wrexview 36 wrote:

I don’t think anyone would be prepared to build a new hotel in Wrexham in the present climate. Does anyone know what is happening to The Wynnstay?

I know someone who is a manager at a PI. Whitbread Group PLC (owners) are wanting to build a silly amount of hotels across the country within the next few years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News