PCSO Reductions Get rid of em all, waste of time.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum PCSO Reductions Get rid of em all, waste of time.

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no problem with proposals to get rid off some if not ALL PSCO’s, really do not see what they bring to the table. A sticking plaster on a gaping wound, won’t miss the powerless individuals or seeing them strolling around not wearing their full uniforms, chatting away to each other, and giving the impression they dont give a damn, just a job.

Animal Mother
    Participant

[quote quote=142272]I have no problem with proposals to get rid off some if not ALL PSCO’s, really do not see what they bring to the table. A sticking plaster on a gaping wound, won’t miss the powerless individuals or seeing them strolling around not wearing their full uniforms, chatting away to each other, and giving the impression they dont give a damn, just a job.[/quote]

There’s a lot of allegations there.
    Do you even have an understanding of what their role is or what they do? If you did, I doubt you’d post such drivel.
    Strolling around not wearing full uniform – please expand what you mean by this. Are they not meant to walk around? What do you mean they aren’t in full uniform?
    Chatting away to each other? Surely you can’t have an issue with people talking to each other?
    Giving the impression… – This is your perception. My perception, and likely the perception of others is that they do a VERY good job.

Clearly you’ve got a chip on your shoulder about the Police as evidenced by your posts on here. You never, however, provide possible solutions for you complaints, nor do you offer your time or expertise to improve policing in our community.

Don’t forget, “the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.”

wxmlad
    Participant

I think they do a good job. would be sorry to lose them

flipper
    Participant

To be truthful I think they do a good job also, but why are they been funded by the council anyway? Surely the police should fund the police just as the fire authority fund/pay the fire fighters. Rather than loose them why cant the police crime commissioner increase the precept to pay for them surely this is the logical route, I don’t mind paying a little extra to keep them. Recently our neighbours had an issue in oak road they contacted 101 not long after a couple of pcso’s visited, they were full of praise for them. Regardless if they are chatting or walking the streets It’s the reassurance and the knowing they are there if you need them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Go on then , educate me in terms of the great job these people do, other than tweet bull shit about pointless strolls around the streets, at times statistically proven to be low crime times. I know the role they are engaged for, it’s to create the illusion the police have a meaningful presence when in fact they do not, on foot on the roads or in the air. Hence the rise in anti social behaviour, street crime and ridiculous driving standards, no fear of being caught.
    If you want to mention drivel, whats all that crap about “the police are the public and that the public are the police. Unlike you Mother of the animal, I an not deluded enough to suggest I have all the answers, thats not my job. However I retain the right to hold an opinion and will not be brow beaten by people like you and your aggressive stance to all you do not agree with, have your opinion,voice it, and reel y’neck in.

zinger
    Participant

I have to admit that many of them do not inspire me with confidence. Not that I have had a great deal to do with them. As the eyes & ears of the neighbourhood, some of them could look a little more alert.

Please note that I said ‘many’ & ‘some’.

The Monitor
    Participant

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yawn (turn over)…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cmedson
    Participant

[quote] However I retain the right to hold an opinion and will not be brow beaten by people like you and your aggressive stance to all you do not agree with, have your opinion,voice it, and reel y’neck in.[/quote]

My opinion is that you are an opinionated idiot. Wrexham would be far better served losing a few whingers like you who do nothing but moan about the town than by losing our PCSO’s.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=142345]“the police are the public and that the public are the police. [/quote]

“The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.” – Robert Peel

Unfortunately times have changed since Robert Peel. In his day the Police were a crime prevention force. Now, most of their time as taken up with crime detection and ‘engaging’ with a community that largely lost faith in it many years ago.

Rondetto
    Participant

There have been junkies all day today (Xmas eve) hanging round the garden of rest in Rhosddu then hanging around the sign shop in Lorne street. Not one single sign of any PCSO around. I actually saw a police car passing and they didn’t take any notice whatsoever.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News