Paying an Extra £30 to Have Your Green Bin Emptied.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Paying an Extra £30 to Have Your Green Bin Emptied.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46466753

What percentage of Wrexham residents will pay up, Flintshire seem happy with their 40% uptake . Such a low uptake must have an impact elsewhere , more mixed waste in the black bins , increased flytipping and more polluting garden fires.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

Luckily I have a public footpath nearby with a grass verge. Others may not be so lucky.

dagg
    Participant

I also have a nice bit of land where I can leave my waste for collection.
    Just joking, but I know what you mean.

bubble
    Participant

I’m assuming (because I actually cannot be bothered to check!) that it’s £30 for the year? Personally, I’d be happy to pay £30 per annum for a green bin. It’s less per year than I spend per month for my iPhone, or for my dental plan. And I really am not rolling in cash. Less than £3 per month is a good deal as far as I’m concerned.

maxman
    Participant

A very short sighted move that will end with fly tipping all over the place.
    Every year the council tax goes up and the services are reducing .I pay £1680 a year in council tax and for that I expect the bins to be emptied.
    If money is so tight the council should stop wasting money on stupid projects.
    It might be only £30 this time,what will the next service they charge for?

WreX-iT
    Participant

Flintshire garden waste charge raises nearly £1m

A council’s charge to residents for collecting garden waste has raised nearly £1m this year.

Despite opposition, more than 40% of Flintshire households signed up to pay £30 a year for collections once a fortnight between March and November.

A report to the environment scrutiny committee said this had raised £966,000 compared to a target of £800,000.

This is a good idea : “The authority had considered a discount for people on benefits, but decided it would not be appropriate, according to the Local Democracy Reporting Service.

They have actually charged the scrounging element who expect to sit at home or in the pub and pay nothing towards anything!

Matt
    Participant

I imagine those types are too lazy to do any gardening anyway – probably the houses where the council is forced to go and cut the jungle grass down before Jumanji breaks out on the local estate.

Councillor X
    Participant

Matt, that is a very cruel and sweeping statement.

I would continue but I have been asked to move my car because I am blocking the way for the Christmas Village.

thetown
    Participant

It is ok Bubble saying he would be happy to pay £30 a year,but what in ten years when they have put the figure up to £150,just look at how much your council tax has gone up in 15 years.

Matt
    Participant

WCBC actually listened to the don’t mess with the bins warning. Backtracked on both £30 Green Bin charge & Three Weeks Bin collections.

Think a lot of strongly worded responses went in on both of these. Some otherwise very reasonable people hinting that the county would be overran by vermin, burning of rubbish in back gardens and aggressive grass and shrubbery offcuts flung all over the place in a complete abandonment of green bins.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News