Pay More Get Less!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pay More Get Less!

• Author

Sam
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 3703 wrote:

I fear that some parents have no idea about nutrition so unfortunately they do need telling .

I think it’s closer to the truth to say that as a parent, providing a healthy balanced diet should be up near the top of priorities, instead of a quick fast food fix while the ‘parent’ prioritises receiving a bit of ground breaking gossip via blackberry messenger about someone else’s business !

Or am I just old fashioned ?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Not old fashioned just sensible.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more with this. There are parents I know who spend their ENTIRE time on their phone with headphones plugged in, whilst their children run around the bus station doing whatever they want.

It drives me nuts when parents say they can’t afford to give a decent meal. I manage to do it every day. In fact, if I know I’m going to be late home, or going to have a rough day in work, I make something in advance the night before. I’ll make a bolognese sauce, or a casserole or something like that in the slow cooker so that all I need to do is pasta/potatoes etc.

I have a fussy child when it comes to eating vegetables so I play it crafty.. I know he likes potatoes so I put things like cauliflower and parsnips on his plate NEXT to potatoes and he thinks its the same thing. Now he LOVES parsnips and asks for them with every meal.

As for McDonalds, I firmly believe that such things should be used as a treat. I am overweight and currently trying to lose weight (the joys of giving up smoking) and McDonalds would do me NO good at like 1000 calories per meal. My 4 year old doesn’t even scream for the place as he walks past. He knows what a decent meal is and knows that McDonalds is a treat.

I manage all this with food on a low income and see no reason at all why other parents can’t do it, other than the obvious fact that they just don’t want to.

@Sam 3706 wrote:

I think it’s closer to the truth to say that as a parent, providing a healthy balanced diet should be up near the top of priorities, instead of a quick fast food fix while the ‘parent’ prioritises receiving a bit of ground breaking gossip via blackberry messenger about someone else’s business !

Or am I just old fashioned ?

wrexview
    Participant

Completely off the topic but adding finely grated carrot to the bolognese sauce while it is cooking is another good way of ” hiding” vegetables!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News