Pay More Get Less!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pay More Get Less!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Today I bought a large bar of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk, not long ago they were 250 grams for £0.79 , gradually the price has gone up and now you pay £1.98 for 200 grams . The bar however looks the same size because the chocolate squares are much thinner! So now you get a 20% smaller bar for twice the price! This type of deception has been tried by many manufacturers over a wide range of products. It is almost as if they are in league with the government to give the impression food inflation is less than it is!

Sam
    Participant

£0.79p for 250 grms & £1.98p for 200 grms as stated on the packaging.

I can’t see the deception sorry.

Dramatic price increase, granted.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I remember Wagon Wheels being bigger than they are now. Three bites and it’s gone! I think to keep the price competitive they reduce the product.

I buy ‘miracle’ creams to help hold back the ravages of time (by the way they aren’t working) and they look good in the shop. When I unpack them they are two thirds packaging and one third product.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Say ‘Hello’ to one big fool lol.

Born Acorn
    Participant

At least they didn’t keep it the same size and go for cheaper ingredients. We’d probably have ended up with horse in the chocolate too!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

We could rewrite the adverts.
    A Mars a day helps you work, rest and neigh!
    What has a hazel nut in every bite……Trotic.
    Equine Delight.
    The list is endless.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Sam 3656 wrote:

£0.79p for 250 grms & £1.98p for 200 grms as stated on the packaging.

I can’t see the deception sorry.

Dramatic price increase, granted.

The deception is created by them making the product, at first glance, appear to be the same size as previous.

If they wanted to reduce the product weight, the easiest and most obvious way would have been to reduce the number of rows. However as this would have been obvious to the customer, they have cleverly thinned out the bar so the average customer probably won’t notice.

Also, you may have noticed on some products seeing a ‘new larger size’ label. Funny how you don’t get manufacturers pointing out ‘new smaller size’.

Huw
    Participant

On a positive note…maybe it will help cut down the problem of far too many obese people around.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Big H 3674 wrote:

On a positive note…maybe it will help cut down the problem of far too many obese people around.

I was thinking something similar after I posted. They could market the bars as ‘20% less calories’.

Sam
    Participant

Now that’s one thing that gets my back up. The food industry having to bow down to the ‘ modern eating habits’ of today’s society!

Use your common sense !!! If you keep feeding your kid’s Mc Donalds, expect obese kids !

I don’t need a government quango to tell me this obvious fact !

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Sam 3696 wrote:

Now that’s one thing that gets my back up. The food industry having to bow down to the ‘ modern eating habits’ of today’s society!

Use your common sense !!! If you keep feeding your kid’s Mc Donalds, expect obese kids !

I don’t need a government quango to tell me this obvious fact !

I fear that some parents have no idea about nutrition so unfortunately they do need telling .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News