Parliament not Prorogued

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parliament not Prorogued

• Author

Thor
    Participant

[quote quote=174576]I don’t agree with the Court’s decision.
    Can we have another Court case please.
    After we have argued about it for three years of course![/quote]

I am failing to understand what law was broken.
    Afterall all laws are acts of parliment and as such are debated and as such is ameded via Lords back to Head of state to sign as Law.

So what law was broken ?
    Lying well thats every politican then so they all break the law.
    If its Constituantal law we dont have a written constitunecy.

If its for stoppng parliment debating they had 3 years

What law was broken ?

TimRegency
    Participant

It’s constitutional and administrative law – parliamentary sovereignty – look it up.

The law says that Parliament is sovereign, a dictator like Johnson doesn’t get to leapfrog it with a bespoke prorogue.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=174576]I don’t agree with the Court’s decision.
    Can we have another Court case please.
    After we have argued about it for three years of course![/quote]

The Supreme Court is the highest court in the land and the final arbiter of legal disputes, so no, you can’t.

MargaretA
    Participant

I am failing to understand what law was broken.
    Afterall all laws are acts of parliment and as such are debated and as such is ameded via Lords back to Head of state to sign as Law.

So what law was broken ?

What law was broken ?[/quote]

Black’s Law Dictionary defines unlawful as “not authorized by law, illegal.” Illegal is defined as “forbidden by law, unlawful.” Semantically, there is a slight difference. It seems that something illegal is expressly proscribed by statute, and something unlawful is just not expressly authorized.3 Sep 2007
    This is the official definition of illegal and unlawful. The Supreme Court was clear that the Prime Minister’s action was unlawful. They did not use the word illegal. This is because we do not have a written constitution.

Andy
    Participant

And the Government and Labour said they would honour the Referendum result.
    MPs voted 498 to 114 to invoke article 50 and leave the EUSSR.
    With a deal Without a deal whatever.

Thor
    Participant

[quote quote=174581]I am failing to understand what law was broken.

So what law was broken ?

Thanks for sarcastic comment.

Suggest you look up Dictator. Usually unelected ( Johnson was Elected )

And usually the highest number of sests won in a parliment by a party would normally lead thats democracy

Would you not agree?

What law was broken ?[/quote]

Black’s Law Dictionary defines unlawful as “not authorized by law, illegal.” Illegal is defined as “forbidden by law, unlawful.” Semantically, there is a slight difference. It seems that something illegal is expressly proscribed by statute, and something unlawful is just not expressly authorized.3 Sep 2007
    This is the official definition of illegal and unlawful. The Supreme Court was clear that the Prime Minister’s action was unlawful. They did not use the word illegal. This is because we do not have a written constitution.[/quote]

[quote quote=174578]It’s constitutional and administrative law – parliamentary sovereignty – look it up.

The law says that Parliament is sovereign, a dictator like Johnson doesn’t get to leapfrog it with a bespoke prorogue.[/quote]

Thanks for the defonation.

MargaretA
    Participant

Leave was never going to be easy- you can’t unbake a cake. But people are mistaken if they think 31st October will be the end, as that will only be the start of years of trade negotiations to re establish trade deals, not only with the EU but with the rest of the world. Many companies have already set up offices etc in the EU ready to trade after Brexit.

Ferret
    Participant

I don’t know about Boris breaking the law but there are multiple crimes against the English language on here.

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=174535]Corbyn hasn’t found the “money tree” he has found a “money forrest” if he is to carry out half of the promises he made in his conference speech. Promised the world but no facts about where all the money will come from![/quote]

Thor
    Participant

[quote quote=174603]I don’t know about Boris breaking the law but there are multiple crimes against the English language on here.

peidiwch â gofalu am y Saeson mewn gwirionedd. Rwy’n Gymro ac yn falch.

rydych chi’n deall yr hyn sy’n cael ei ddweud a’i olygu

ond hei pwy sy’n poeni

pathetig.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News