parking in Wrexham town centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum parking in Wrexham town centre

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

I had a ticket from Dunelm car park last year. Never paid it and they stopped after 6or7 letters. Between my wife and I we were in Dunelm and across to Island Green quite reqularly(approx fortnightly). We’ve been back once since that ticket!!

Kylie
    Participant

I used to work on Wrexham Central retail park when it first opened (always thought it was a rubbish name too, not very central at all). First I worked at Dunelm Mill, then at Au Naturale before moving to Nottingham. I used to use th car park regularly for free when I was visiting town and all I ever did was to place a carrier bag of the place I worked on the dashboard of my car. This worked 99% of the time – except once when an over-zealous car park attendant tried to give me a ticket while I was at work and I managed to convince him that it was stupid. I was even in my uniform and he didn’t believe I worked there.

Dunelm Mill is good if you know they have something you want, but other than that, I think it is vastly overpriced. Go to the markets instead, get something made by a local who will certainly appreciate your custom more and it might just make the difference between him or her making any money that day!

MAGgy
    Participant

I parked in the free car park this afternoon, what a walk into town. Can we have free spaces nearer to the shops!

jimbow
    Participant

@MAGgy 4505 wrote:

I parked in the free car park this afternoon, what a walk into town. Can we have free spaces nearer to the shops!

I agree it is a long walk from behind Tescos to the Town Centre,but the Peoples Market multi storey car park is free in the afternoon from I think 12 noon.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I agree with that. Why pay when you have a range of shops and free parking. It’s no contest really.

NJones
    Participant

I’ve lived in Wrexham all my life and have never paid for parking- and never will.

jimbow
    Participant

@NJones 4530 wrote:

I’ve lived in Wrexham all my life and have never paid for parking- and never will.

That is why we need a Super Prison

NJones
    Participant

Why- so people who refuse to pay the ridiculous council parking fees get locked up? Its quite legal to park in free car parks in the afternoon and in tesco’s you know!

wrexview
    Participant

There is free parking in Wrexham town centre everyday from 12 noon in the Crescent Road and People’s Market car parks , in addition there is free on street parking for 1/2 an hour on numerous streets close to the town centre. Wrexham is open for business and you don’t have to pay for parking !

Andy
    Participant

But you can’t drop your passengers off by the lift in Eagles Meadow Carpark. The warden is issuing fake fines to drivers for “Causing an obstruction”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News