Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

candy1567
    Participant

I have come across the forum from google, i do not live in wrexham but i to have recieved the parking ticket from Asda.

I live in Liverpool and recieved the letter with 2 photo’s on today, i went to my local store to state that there is no way i stayed in Asda for 6 hours, i actually visited twice in the day.

Asda took the letter off me and emailed the parking people and cancelled the charge. Then to customer service worker said that if i recieved anymore letters to bring them in and they would sort it out for me

Just thought i would tell people how impressed i was with how Asda responded to these parking charges

Juliex

Rob
    Participant

Good stuff – good to hear they were able to do something as often its a case of ‘its been outsourced talk to the parking co’ !!

Tracker7020
    Participant

@candy1567 4564 wrote:

I have come across the forum from google, i do not live in wrexham but i to have recieved the parking ticket from Asda.

I live in Liverpool and recieved the letter with 2 photo’s on today, i went to my local store to state that there is no way i stayed in Asda for 6 hours, i actually visited twice in the day.

Asda took the letter off me and emailed the parking people and cancelled the charge. Then to customer service worker said that if i recieved anymore letters to bring them in and they would sort it out for me

Just thought i would tell people how impressed i was with how Asda responded to these parking charges

Juliex

Hi Julie

Can you tell me which Asda Store in Liverpool this was, my friend thinks she is due something in the post from the Switch Island store at the end of M57 coz she overstayed her welcome due to trying to help somebody out with something.

Thanks

Darlofan
    Participant

@Tracker7020 6065 wrote:

Hi Julie

Can you tell me which Asda Store in Liverpool this was, my friend thinks she is due something in the post from the Switch Island store at the end of M57 coz she overstayed her welcome due to trying to help somebody out with something.

Thanks

Tell them not to worry. Ignore all letters. Don’t be tempted to contact them to dispute it as once they know you’re bothered they won’t leave you alone. There’ll be 7-8 letters then they’ll stop.

Alunh
    Participant

It would be far simpler if you just paid a 3 hour fee (say £5.00), issued the relevant ticket, and this was deducted at the till from the bill. This would sort out all of the bother. ensure that parking only scenarios were charged accordingly, yet charge the actual customers nothing.

The only reason that this doesn’t happen is because of the psychology in play which puts people off paying the advance charge even though it will be refunded.

Odd

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Alunh 6095 wrote:

It would be far simpler if you just paid a 3 hour fee (say £5.00), issued the relevant ticket, and this was deducted at the till from the bill. This would sort out all of the bother. ensure that parking only scenarios were charged accordingly, yet charge the actual customers nothing.

The only reason that this doesn’t happen is because of the psychology in play which puts people off paying the advance charge even though it will be refunded.

Odd

I have done this in other parts of the country in the past. It helps the shop as a minimum spend is usually involved. I don’t understand why EM don’t adopt this practice.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I think it would have to have the shops sign up to it. I know the EM O2 shop does it of its own accord already, and refunds parking charges.

zinger
    Participant

Asda did it for a short time when they were a Eagles Meadow.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News