Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

@Rob 2058 wrote:

Good to hear – it does seem that is the usual ploy :(

have to say it’s something that needs looking into as it is quite clear it’s not legally enforceable otherwise people would be in court every day of the week facing these parking companies.

I also question what companies get out of it financially if they do at all. I’m presuming at Central Retail Park where i got a ticket it’s the landlord that employs the parking company and not the companies based there? The companies there must be losing business since parking restrictions were brought in.
    I for one have only been back there to sit in my car and have lunch whereas before I was in there quite regular shopping at Island Green and usually Dunelm on the way back. Central seems a waste of time as it was never ever full even on weekends.

harry
    Participant

why did eagles meadow up the parking to 2 hours min? im usually never there more than 30 mins but have to pay £2 now :mad: greedy sods

Darlofan
    Participant

@harry 2075 wrote:

why did eagles meadow up the parking to 2 hours min? im usually never there more than 30 mins but have to pay £2 now :mad: greedy sods

That annoys me with car parks. island green is one, if you reserve an item at argos you have to pay just to jump out and pick it up. generally use Plas Coch one now and if they haven’t got it I leave it till they have.

Andy
    Participant

People have made FOI requests to HMJ and were told in 2011, 49 cases of unpaid parking cases went before a Judge out of over 500,000 non paid charges. So the chances of being sued for payment are 0.0098%. They won 24 cases and lost 25. But in 2012 there have been some landmark rulings by Judges that said Parking companies have insufficent interest in the land to offer a contract to park in the first place.
    Euro Car Parks, who operate Island Green, tried to sue their first motorist this week for 30+ unpaid charges = £2600. Judge found for the motorist in 5 minutes.

harry
    Participant

@Darlofan 2093 wrote:

That annoys me with car parks. island green is one, if you reserve an item at argos you have to pay just to jump out and pick it up. generally use Plas Coch one now and if they haven’t got it I leave it till they have.

i got told off in island green by a parking attendant! i parked next to another driver as they were leaving and he passed me his ticket with an hour left on it, i was grateful, then this little hilter car park attendant approached me and said that ‘ tickets were not transferable and if i didnt buy one he would issue me with a parking ticket’ , anyway i just walked off and ignored him

cheeky sod:mad:

Darlofan
    Participant

Another great rip off as well. Which is why new machines make you enter car regarding number.
    Think it’d be harder to take you to court over that because they can’t claim any losses as the space has been paid for a period of time.

newwoman
    Participant

Sorry to renew this thread but have today received a Charge Notice for £60 (reduced to £ 40 if we pay the charge within 28 days) from a company called Total Parking Systems. We were parked outside Halfords having new number plates fitted to our car and as the store was busy we were told to leave the car in the car park and come back in an hour.
    The very blurred photographs provided seem to show our car entering the car park and leaving 1 hour and 16 minutes later. After reading this thread and others about TPS I presume the advice is to ignore the notice
    I have already complained to Halfords by email but have not heard anything back yet

iandfisher
    Participant

I live and work 400 yards away from the Asda in Fulwood, Preston. On the 19th Sept 2012 I got a letter from Town & City Parking with a notice to pay £60 as I have entered the Asda car park at 5.15am and left at 8.50am therefore exceeding the 3 hours max. I wrote to them telling them that I live and work 400 yards away. I didn’t dispute the entering and leaving times as they had photos. However, I had entered at 5.15am to buy milk for my daughter (3 years old) then left shortly after. I then entered again sometime after 8.00am after dropping my daughter off at nursery at 8.00am then obviously left at 8.50am. Luckily for me, my car has a tracker on and the tracking company confirmed that I was elsewhere between the 2 times TCP had. I have written numerous letters – all sent recorded delivery and they have ignored everyone. I am now issuing them with an invoice for wasting my time and causing distress. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Andy
    Participant

You’re taking these scammers far too seriously. The first in- last out scam is well known. Your invoice will end up in the bin. TCP have no powers. Don’t let them worry you.

KKOB
    Participant

Here’s a link to an article in Commercial Motor magazine that is worth reading.

Commercialmotor.com – Private firms' parking fines “unenforceable” says campaigner

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News