Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

Andy
    Participant

I have discovered that Central retail park do not have planning permission for ANPR cameras and the planning department is investigating. I wonder if Asda, Tescos and others are in breach of planning law.

Darlofan
    Participant

Had my latest letter from them today. this is the 1st one now from their “solicitor” telling me i had best pay up or i’ll end up in court.
    Interesting to read the post about ANPR planning at central retail park, although it was a guy walking round that got me as I had a ticket placed on windscreen.

KKOB
    Participant

Well, if it does go to court, I’ll be very surprised. Never known one to get there yet.

Darlofan
    Participant

Hope I’m not the first to end up in court. Not because of the fine but because of the grief the wife would give me. She keeps saying i wish you’d just pay it.

KKOB
    Participant

Let HER pay it then ! :D

Andy
    Participant

TPS have never been to court but others have

Excel Parking Services v Alan Matthews, Wrexham County Court

Excel Parking – FightBack Forums

Alan defeated Excel and was awarded £170 costs.

How to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by private companies – YouTube

KKOB
    Participant

Nothing’s been posted on that since May 2009.

Andy
    Participant

On the 1st October, the Protection of Freedoms act came into force. Clamping on private land is now illegal. And now the registered keeper of a vehicle can now be “persued” for payment unless they name the driver.
    But many news sources have reported that Private parking tickets are now “Legally enforcable” Utter tosh! “Churnalism” at it’s finest. Why do journalists just repeat what they are told?
    The only way a PPC can make you pay is to defeat your defence in small claims court.

Guidance from the DFT here-

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.dft.gov.uk%2Fpublications%2Fguidance-unpaid-parking-charges%2Fguidance-unpaid-parking-charges.pdf&ei=ynttUKfoFI6IhQfKloGABQ&usg=AFQjCNEmsNJ-VYY9dh8XIaJdCdFdeHM9gw&sig2=goIV1LobhD316-6eyl9BnQ

Darlofan
    Participant

Had my last letter at end of July offering me a last final chance at £198.
    Not heard anything since. Guess they’ve given up.

Rob
    Participant

Good to hear – it does seem that is the usual ploy :(

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News