Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

NJones
    Participant

I’d say her description was wholly accurate!

Andy
    Participant

Well done her!
    Council tickets are totally different and are a Fixed Penalty Notice. They must not be ignored. The general advice is to appeal.

Darlofan
    Participant

Latest letter this morning from “solicitors” i now owe £210 and risk a further £300 costs if ticket is not paid. Oh yeah the little note at the bottom says i will also have my credit file marked as well so will be unable to get any credit in future!! They must think i came down in the last shower.
    I’d love to ring them to argue it out but i believe once you ring they never leave you alone.

Rob
    Participant

If this is the ticket in Dunelm, I know someone who had one and ignored it as they didnt agree to any contract. There were around 6-7 threatening letters then it stopped.

Are you keeping the letters? If so, is it possible to get in touch with us as we are doing a wider piece on car parking tickets / invoices in town.

Chris
    Participant

The wife got a ticket whilst parking in homebargins reason “she left the car park” even though she was in store shopping. Spoke to the area manager and it was sorted.

Mike
    Participant

@Chris 1560 wrote:

The wife got a ticket whilst parking in homebargins reason “she left the car park” even though she was in store shopping. Spoke to the area manager and it was sorted.

One of our followers on Twitter reported the same thing there – a speculative invoice pretty much!! Always good to check with the staff as they are in the know about these scams…

Darlofan
    Participant

@Rob 1555 wrote:

If this is the ticket in Dunelm, I know someone who had one and ignored it as they didnt agree to any contract. There were around 6-7 threatening letters then it stopped.

Are you keeping the letters? If so, is it possible to get in touch with us as we are doing a wider piece on car parking tickets / invoices in town.

Oh yeah i have kept all letters so far.
    I think i had a phone call about it yesterday too as when i Googled the number it appears to be a firm acting for parking notices. She got funny when i wouldn’t confirm the first line of my address so i put down the phone.

KKOB
    Participant

It always makes me chuckle when these people phone you and then ask YOU to confirm YOUR details “for security reasons”. I always insist that I won’t divulge that information until they’ve provided me with THEIR full name, date of birth and mother’s maiden name “for security reasons”. None of them want to play ball though. ;)

Don’t forget though, if they’ve phoned you, play with them for as long as possible, it’s their money their wasting.

Might be worthwhile asking the Daily Mail if they’re interested in running the story. They love this kind of thing, especially if most of the story’s already written for them.

Andy
    Participant

If you receive any phone calls from so called debt collection companies, always answer
    “I am recording this conversation and any alleged debt is firmly denied. Any further contact will be deemed harassment and reported to the OFT”

Or a basic F*** OFF! may suffice.

KKOB
    Participant

No, no. Don’t get abusive. You’re just coming down to their level then. :cool:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News