Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Tickets In Wrexham

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Just had a tweet in saying:

” ticket in Library carpark for having disabled badge wrong way up, wrote to them it could have been dealt without fine nothing”

That does seem very harsh!

Andy
    Participant

Eagles meadow car park operated by Vinci. At the entrance is a sign with the terms and conditions of parking in text 5 mm high. I stopped in the entrance and couldn’t read anything. There is no way any parking charge in that car park is legally enforcable.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Island Green parking signs have terms and conditions in tiny writing about 10 feet up in the air.

Rob
    Participant

@Andy 1252 wrote:

Eagles meadow car park operated by Vinci. At the entrance is a sign with the terms and conditions of parking in text 5 mm high. I stopped in the entrance and couldn’t read anything. There is no way any parking charge in that car park is legally enforcable.

I am sure there would be a rule against getting out of your car to read them as well!

Perhaps everyone should do that… Park up at entrances to ensure you read and understand all terms! :)

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Darlofan 1176 wrote:

I seriously doubt supermarkets lose business because people can’t park. I’ve never gone to one and had to leave because there are no spaces. I have had to drive around Tescos a couple of times at Xmas time because of trying to get too close to the store though. The only solution as suggested before is to have a barrier and your ticket gets validated in store.
    The other thing is supermarkets like people parking and going into town as the majority of them pop into the supermarket on their way back to the car to pick up a few things, something they wouldn’t do if they’d parked in town.

A disabled person won’t park the other end of the car park, they’ll go somewhere else. I don’t even go to tesco by car after 3pm, cant get out again. Asda in Warrington have this barrier system. Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference.

I wouldn’t be popping into tesco for a few things on the way back from town when there are places in town that sell the stuff cheaper anyway.

Supermarket car parks are for supermarkets. There are plenty of other car parks

justjojo2011
    Participant

@NJones 1173 wrote:

Not everyone can complete their shopping in 2 hours. Tesco’s raised their parking limit from 2 hours to 3 hours some years ago after protests from disabled shoppers. The signs were updated with a bodged sticker covering the 2 to 3. I’m not sure how they look now?

My father in law is a blue badge holder and recently got a ticket in Gobowen Hospital while he was attending an appointment. He was unable to find a disabled bay so parked on double yellows. This is allowed for badge holders- provided they are not causing a obstruction. He was given a ticket by another private company. He paid it before telling us or I would have advised him to bin it.

Aren’t double yellows no parking for anyone at all? Surely the highway code says you can’t park on double yellow lines and there isn’t any places really around Gobowen Hospital where you can park that isn’t an obstruction on double yellows. I’ve been going there for 27 years and my mum has never had an issue parking, not even in the disabled bays.

NJones
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1267 wrote:

Aren’t double yellows no parking for anyone at all? Surely the highway code says you can’t park on double yellow lines and there isn’t any places really around Gobowen Hospital where you can park that isn’t an obstruction on double yellows. I’ve been going there for 27 years and my mum has never had an issue parking, not even in the disabled bays.

In England and Wales a Blue Badge holder ‘can park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours, unless there is a ban on loading or unloading, at ‘on-street’ parking meters and pay-and-display machines for free and for as long as they need to in disabled parking bays’. Source direct.gov.uk Though local authorities do make charges in pay and display car parks in some areas.

Gobowen is privately owned so no ‘fine’ would stand up in court. They are busy with building works and closing old car parks, but the car was not parked where it would cause an obstruction.

Andy
    Participant

Double yellow lines on private land have no legal meaning. The Highway code also does not apply on private land.

paul bearer
    Participant

@Darlofan 1176 wrote:

>snip< I've never gone to one and had to leave because there are no spaces. I have had to drive around Tescos a couple of times at Xmas time
    >snip<

Believe me when I say this Darlofan, I have driven round a car park and if there are no spaces, I just bugger off to another shop. I’ve done this in the past.

paul bearer
    Participant

Friend of mine won their case against Wrexham council a parking ticket. They did take her to court – except she didn’t know that they had! Then they sent a bailiff round (with no warrant) to seize her car – the cost of this £45 ticket had now gone up to £489! She went back to the court and appealed and Wrexham Council were ordered to withdraw the whole lot on account of them being twats. (Her words, not mine)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News