Parking Charge Increase Proposal – Inc Change To Free Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parking Charge Increase Proposal – Inc Change To Free Parking

• Author

Rob
    Participant

parking-changes-proposal.jpg

Above is the proposed changes to parking tariffs, with the current free after midday scheme changing to free after 3.

Town Centre Parking Increases Proposed | Wrexham.com

wrexview
    Participant

Guildhall car park still free ?

Rob
    Participant

@wrexview 9449 wrote:

Guildhall car park still free ?

Someone asked about that on twitter as well – the reply is in the sidebar now but will drop down over time so will quote:

“Wrexham.com @wrexham
    @GGJJohnstown There is no mention if the councillors car park will become a public &/or pay one. Some councillors do apparently buy tickets!”

wrexview
    Participant

At weekends it is pay and display to the general public, extending it to seven days a week would certainly increase revenue, much of the time it is almost empty.

MP1953
    Participant

Wrexham town center is on its knees and what do our magnificent council do increase parking prices, says it all I am afraid !!

paul bearer
    Participant

Unbelievable!!!! Are the councillors on the same planet as the rest of us? This is not going to encourage people to come into Wrexham to shop!

MP1953
    Participant

Although having said that I am sure a few black and white slabs in King Street will be a big attraction .. Ah that’s why they are increasing parking charges, because they think people will be more attracted to the town !! still it will be nice for all the students to walk along…

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Those zebra like slabs hurt my eyes!

Liam
    Participant

With the shortfall in projected parking income this was always on the cards. It’s a shame as before the free parking scheme the Peoples Market was underused, I know it’s only being moved back to 3pm but I still can’t see it being used as much.

The change to make councillors pay for parking was supposedly in the offing, might’ve looked better if it was included in this.

wrexview
    Participant

Odd it has not been included then !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News