Parent and baby/toddler swimming sessions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Parent and baby/toddler swimming sessions

• Author

@PaulAdamCook
    Participant

Hello all, this is a bit of a ‘testing-the-water’ thread (no pun intended).

I run the Hydrotherapy Department at St. Christopher’s School. What we have is an 8 by 7m heated pool that the pupils use for Hydrotherapy sessions. I have put it to my boss that we should also try to use it for parent/child sessions. So I am trying to see if there is any interest out there. If there is enough interested to cover the cost of my time, then this will probably go ahead, mainly in school holidays, with the odd weekend thrown in. I willl probably do all of the advertising/timing via a facebook page. It will be a little more structured than swimming elsewhere, due to the limited opening hours and size, but I think that we may be able to build up a nice list of regular users.

So here are some details:
    Pool is 8 by 7m, heated to 32 degrees. That’s 4 degrees higher than Waterworld, which may not sound a lot, but you will certainly notice the difference.
    0.95m shallow end, 1.25m deep end, so the littler ones might need armbands (of which I have a limited supply)
    2 decent sized changing rooms with showers
    1 huge assisted changing room with large shower beds and shower. This can be curtained off to provide 2 more changing areas).

Now here is the bit that sounds a bit abrupt: I have to be really strict regarding infection control, as this is a multi use pool. As it is hotter than average, any infection that is introduced could breed and as the kids who use the pool from the school have disabilities, I can’t risk infections spreading. Any infections could be massively harmful to the kids. They could get ill, or I’d have to shut the pool and they end up missing out. So I have to be pretty strict about that, sorry. So any eye infections, colds, headlice etc, means no entry. Also, every user (mums and dads included) will have to fill in a screening form before entering the pool. This is to tell me that you are healthy(ish!), have a polio immunisation, etc. Nothing too major, just a formality. I also may have to close at short notice if we have any problems, like heating trouble and things like that. I’m not expecting any, but you never know. :)

That’s the rubbish bit out of the way. Here’s a couple of pics of my littlun in the pool, which might give you an idea of what I’ve got.
    SDC11980.jpg
    SDC11976.jpg

So, post up if you are interested so I can take this back to the boss.
    Thanks!
    Paul

emma.king
    Participant

Hi
    I am trying to read your full article but due to the advert down the side it cuts off part of the text.
    Are you looking to hire the pool out or run your own inhouse lessons ?
    Thanks Emma

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News