Our MP is off to a flying start…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Our MP is off to a flying start…

• Author

Llayby lilly
    Participant

I would like to congratulate Sarah on a blistering few weeks. She has been beavering away and working hard on our behalf. I can honestly say, she has done more in the last few weeks, than her predecessor managed in years. Keep up the good work Sarah, the good folk of Wrexham are behind you. All except Timmy that is.

Have a look here…

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

Lilly

George4
    Participant

Can our MP do something about Wrexham Hospital, just been to pick up by the Revolving Doors it is absolutely CHAOS, cannot get near there for cars parked,about time time someone took over the Betsy Cadwaller NHS trust it is now worse than Special Measures.
    The Welsh Assembly has a lot to answer for.

AMA Express
    Participant

Do you REALLY think that car parking by the revolving doors at the Maelor is a priority ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“beavering away”, all bluff, bluster and blowing her own and Johnsons trumpet.
    Voted against protecting rights of child refugees during the lead up to Holocaust Memorial Day.
    Locally she has made disparaging remarks relating to people with disabilities.
    Not what I, or many others would regard as a “blistering few weeks”
    She will be found out for what she is by the people of Wrexham.
    Has anyone ask why Andrew Atkinson did not stand as Tory candidate for Wrexham?

DerekJackson
    Participant

At least Ian Lucas had an office and local staff doing casework –
    Layby Lilly – where is Sarah Atherton office — how many local caseworkers does she have and where do they hide- as an MP she has the funds for a local office and team — has she been drawing this from day one?
    Holding a ‘surgery; in the open in the middle of Wrexham cannot be defined as a community surgery session!
    She needs to wake up to the issues of Devolution — why is she speaking with the Westminster Health Minister when Health is devolved to Welsh Government – they are the ones that are failing and need to be brought to account – a Westminster Health Mister can do nothing.
    She wants to set up a Town Business Forum — why on earth can’t she engage with the existing groups rather than thinking she needs her own!
    Can someone please let me know where I can find out about when and where her surgery sessions are held as there is nothing on her web site!

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=180928]At least Ian Lucas had an office and local staff doing casework –
    Layby Lilly – where is Sarah Atherton office — how many local caseworkers does she have and where do they hide- as an MP she has the funds for a local office and team — has she been drawing this from day one?
    Holding a ‘surgery; in the open in the middle of Wrexham cannot be defined as a community surgery session!
    She needs to wake up to the issues of Devolution — why is she speaking with the Westminster Health Minister when Health is devolved to Welsh Government – they are the ones that are failing and need to be brought to account – a Westminster Health Mister can do nothing.
    She wants to set up a Town Business Forum — why on earth can’t she engage with the existing groups rather than thinking she needs her own!
    Can someone please let me know where I can find out about when and where her surgery sessions are held as there is nothing on her web site![/quote]

Talk is easy. But Ms Atherton does seem a little light on facts. From the omission of Welsh from her election leaflets, to the role of devolution.
    We have business groups and forums coming out of our ears! Come and join the groups already in existence. Listen to what we need, and help us move forward.

janeywxm
    Participant

Interesting she wants to cut beer tax for breweries and pubs! Does she or members of her family still have a personal interest in the brewing industry? I know Sandstone brewery is stated as being dissolved but any other links to a Brewery? Actually, strike that, apparently it still exists,
    http://sandstonebrewery.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Janey

jamesbwxm
    Participant

[quote quote=180949]Interesting she wants to cut beer tax for breweries and pubs! Does she or members of her family still have a personal interest in the brewing industry? I know Sandstone brewery is stated as being dissolved but any other links to a Brewery? Actually, strike that, apparently it still exists,
    http://sandstonebrewery.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Janey[/quote]

I can confirm that she or her family don’t have any interest in the brewing industry since Sandstone was sold.

JB. (former Sandstone brewer)

steveg
    Participant

Jonathan Ashworth does say that the A & E situation in N Wales is unacceptable, but he goes on to point out that the NHS in England is in a worse situation
    “It is unacceptable, and sadly it is happening constantly in the English NHS. Of course, on certain performance targets there is improvement in Wales; there is no improvement on any performance targets when it comes to A&E or electives in the English ​NHS.” (Hansard 27/1/2020)
    But she makes no mention of this.
    Her intervention on brewing was hardly earth-shattering
    “A few years ago, I owned and ran a microbrewery, so I know some of the difficulties facing breweries, including the fledgling Magic Dragon brewery in Wrexham. I urge the Minister to support the cut in beer duty and increase small brewers relief.” (Hansard 5/2/2020)
    A total of 8 interventions to date, plus lots of photographs of her holding various placards from charities and lobby groups. Blistering!

Anonymous
    Inactive

We must be aware of the use of bots by the tories – spreading fake news, hatred and lies across social media.
    Does Llayby Lily’s post celebrating the new MP’s work demonstrate a bot at work? Surely no-one in their right mind would describe what Atherton’s done to date as successful. Perhaps it’s Atherton herself?

If you want a second opinion on Atherton seek out the opinions of refugee children who have been orphaned by Atherton and her party who have denied them access to their parents. Yes children as young as 5 refused access to their parents by Sarah Atherton and her party.

A successful start Atherton? Don’t make me laugh!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News