Opposing Brexit could cost me my seat – Labour MP Ian Lucas

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Opposing Brexit could cost me my seat – Labour MP Ian Lucas

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=173927]

Type 1 diabetics, epileptics, those with high blood pressure, cancer patients benefiting from Euratom etc are literally having their lives placed at risk.
    I’ll join the others in saying well done, Mr Lucas, for trying to do the best by your constituents and not yielding to hysterical propaganda-fuelled populism

Erm…[/quote]

TimRegency is one of these people who are scared of change and won’t go out without an umbrella just in case it rains!

Frogface
    Participant

You know what? Leave? Remain? At this point, I actually don’t care. What I do care about is the divisive, nasty, name-calling, disrespectful and destructive way that differences of opinion are being discussed across social media. Remoaners? Gammons? If Brexit has reduced the level of intelligence of people in this country to that of keyboard warriors making personally offensive remarks to people who don’t agree with their point of view, then Yellowhammer be damned. THAT is the real harm that Brexit has done, and will continue to do, to this country.

Peace out

locallad
    Participant

What has he done for Wrexham. Oh yes organised an annual street singing competition.The majority in Wrexham voted to leave, Lucas who was voted in by the people of Wrexham should support that result.I hope it does cost him his seat.

BenjaminM
    Participant

If after all the CREDIBLE information that has been published and is now in the public domain, people still think that Brexit is a good thing for them and the Country, unfortunately, JP is 100% correct in his assertion.

WreX-iT
    Participant

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=173937]

Type 1 diabetics, epileptics, those with high blood pressure, cancer patients benefiting from Euratom etc are literally having their lives placed at risk.
    I’ll join the others in saying well done, Mr Lucas, for trying to do the best by your constituents and not yielding to hysterical propaganda-fuelled populism

Erm…

TimRegency is one of these people who are scared of change and won’t go out without an umbrella just in case it rains![/quote]

I didn’t mention me, I referred to those people with serious health conditions that require vital medicines from the EU.

Taking risks with other people’s lives doesn’t make you a tough guy.

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=173939]What has he done for Wrexham. Oh yes organised an annual street singing competition.The majority in Wrexham voted to leave, Lucas who was voted in by the people of Wrexham should support that result.I hope it does cost him his seat.[/quote
    To ask what has our MP has done for Wrexham is to misunderstand the role of an MP. His work is in Parliament and his voting records, committee work etc are all available as a public record. He holds regular surgeries, where you are able to discuss items with him.

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=173943][/quote]
    October 31st is not the end of Brexit, it’s the start of years of trade talks and compromise. In order to gain anything, we will have to give something. That’s how trade deals are done.
    I’m not sure how it will develop, but I wish I had the optimism of those who think we are heading for the sunny uplands!

trish
    Participant

To those who say the decision was made at the referendum, would you say I would like to buy that house.. Don’t worry I will sign up even though I don’t know what the inside looks like.

Rex Ham
    Participant

[quote quote=173934]Remainers are a bunch of moaning gits who prefer to hide behind Europe’s apron strings and are too afraid to take ANY risk at all.
    Bet you sh1t yourselfs crossing the street because it is too risky.
    What did we ever before we joined? I guess we survived it!

[/quote]
    WHat a reasoned and cogent argument you make Wrex-iT. I’m surprised you are not standing for election to advance your model of respect and open mindedness.

It is also a fact that the referendum result was only advisory, See House of Commons briefing note 07172
    https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7212/CBP-7212.pdf

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News