Open day at Wrexham cats adoption center

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Open day at Wrexham cats adoption center

• Author

Hrhodes96
    Participant

We would like to invite you to a Wimbledon themed open day at the wrexham cat’s protection adoption branch on the 7th July, from 11am – 3pm.

During the course of our open day there will be lucky dip tombolas to win a mix of prizes, strawberries and cream, light refreshments, cupcakes and more! As well as the chance to visit our cats in our care.

There will also be an opportunity for a raffle that will commence in a few weeks time, which will be announced on one of our volunteers Facebook pages as she raises money for the branch! The raffles prizes include: 2 adult tickets for Chester zoo, a family pass for Knowsley and tickets for blue planet aquarium!

Hugh Bet
    Participant

Cats are vile killing machines and I have no idea why anyone would want to protect them let alone adopt one.

Thank you for the invite but i shall not be in attendance.

Pinder818
    Participant

I am sure you will be sorely missed.

Hugh Bet
    Participant

[quote quote=152210]I am sure you will be sorely missed.[/quote]

I too am sure I would be.

Matt
    Participant

Of course I can naturally see the fit between an animal welfare organisation giving out prizes to a safari park, zoo and aquarium that have all been heavily criticised for animal cruelty incidents in the past.

R T
    Keymaster

I got my cat from Wrexham cats protection – they were great, and now a ragamuffin street cat from Gobowen is living a pampered life.

The Egyptians had the right idea. Cats are ace, and your life will be greatly improved by letting one own you!

Hugh Bet
    Participant

Unfortunately as much as you may enjoy the company of those self-centered killing machines, is is estimated that cats in the UK catch up to 275 million prey items a year, of which 55 million are birds. This is the number of prey items which were known to have been caught. We don’t know how many more the cats caught, but didn’t bring home, or how many escaped but subsequently died.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=152227]Unfortunately as much as you may enjoy the company of those self-centered killing machines, is is estimated that cats in the UK catch up to 275 million prey items a year, of which 55 million are birds. This is the number of prey items which were known to have been caught. We don’t know how many more the cats caught, but didn’t bring home, or how many escaped but subsequently died.

[/quote]

Our cat was a stray that we took in. It is not a killing machine it is frightened of birds.

Fugazi3973
    Participant

All part of the ecosystem. If they didn’t then there would be even more birds. Not necessarily a good thing.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=152227]Unfortunately as much as you may enjoy the company of those self-centered killing machines, is is estimated that cats in the UK catch up to 275 million prey items a year, of which 55 million are birds. This is the number of prey items which were known to have been caught. We don’t know how many more the cats caught, but didn’t bring home, or how many escaped but subsequently died.
    [/quote]

In that case I think the birds have organised an insurgency, the magpies in-particular seem to be targeting her by swooping in a rather aggressive manner.

Magpies are the wannabe killing machines, with a kleptomaniacal sideline, basically thieving flying rats :)

#TeamCat

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News